Looking for Wooden Shelving

Tammie

I dont have any retail suggestions. However I do have an idea. Try to find a local handyman/carpenter and have him build some for you according to your needs. That's what I am going to do if I ever get to that point. You could even go to the local lumber yard and pick up the wood yourself, so all you'd have to pay him for is his time. He'd just have to cut and screw. Screw instead of nail so you can disassemble are reassemble as needed. If you don't know anyone like this, you could place a help wanted or situation wanted add in the paper, or places that let you hang flyers. "Handyman needed to build wooden shelving" Just be sure to see a portfolio of his work, or something to show you he knows what he's doing, and make a contract to cover yourself. HTH

Edited...Forgot to mention that this would also save alot of $ on shipping.

I agree with Tallbaby and Georgia, find a woodworker. There are also companies that sell word patterns if you want to be the do it yourselfer. My FIL has a woodshop(for his retirement hobbies) so we are searching his pattern books for a good shelving pattern so that we can make them ourselves. If you are looking for something more then risers I would make sure that the handyman you choose has wood working experience.

mastheadweb215.gif

britsmallgif.gifThis sturdy unit holds 50 lbs., & folds flat for storage. A real time and money-saver!

Contact Jim Britton, (732) 544-9420 to order these stair step displays

Dimensions: 23 inches W x 18 inches D x 27 inches H; 3 shelves 6 inches x23 inches, they are approx. $9.00 Ea. + S+H. Make sure you order enough units for your display. (Line them up in a row for an impressive exhibit!) Drape fabric over the stair-step display and you are ready for the show.

I found this when I was doing a search for craft shows around me. I've never bought any from this guy, but for $10, you don't have much to lose.

Guest EMercier
mastheadweb215.gif

britsmallgif.gifThis sturdy unit holds 50 lbs., & folds flat for storage. A real time and money-saver!

Contact Jim Britton, (732) 544-9420 to order these stair step displays

Dimensions: 23 inches W x 18 inches D x 27 inches H; 3 shelves 6 inches x23 inches, they are approx. $9.00 Ea. + S+H. Make sure you order enough units for your display. (Line them up in a row for an impressive exhibit!) Drape fabric over the stair-step display and you are ready for the show.

I found this when I was doing a search for craft shows around me. I've never bought any from this guy, but for $10, you don't have much to lose.

Gershel Brothers has the same, you just have to buy in packs of 5 and they are $18.95 which turns out to be $3.79 ea.

call me frugal but it worked...I found 4 folding doors sitting out someones house, the ones they use for say closets with slats and built my own....I just hinged them together, broke slats on each side (same level on each side lol), had home depot cut some plywood planks the width I wanted and they slide right though..if you want a pic of what I did pm and I'll send ya one....They fold up nice and flat and I just tie off with a bungy cord so they don't flap around when I carry them in and out of shows....I have another set found the same way just waiting for me in my shop...