Son of Monster Mushroom

I did a jar with 415 from Candlemaker's Store, 3% BW and 3% Universal Soy Additive, Base Magenta at 0.65%, Peak's Bayberry at 7% load, and a single LX30. Lit it up, and after about three hours looked okay, but was hanging up a little. No problem, I thought. I'll burn it a couple more times and see how it cleans up.

Well, I airheaded it and left for work, forgetting to extinguish it. When I got home, mrs geek got home just before I did and said the house smelled great! Then I noticed the candle was still lit! It had burn for twelve hours! :shocked2:

It had a full 1" deep MP and perhaps the largest mushroom I've ever witnessed! Anyway, I thought you all would like to see it, and comment on it if you like:

post-116-139458398007_thumb.jpg

It's a Melting Pot jar from the Jar Store, 4" in diameter.

geek

So do you not like to double wick, or maybe because the shape of that jar?

I always double wick anything 3 1/2" and larger. I don't use tapered jars though. I find with most scents (with the right wick of course) I get a great melt pool depth, complete burn (no hang-up), not as hot as a larger single wick & a longer burn time.

So do you not like to double wick, or maybe because the shape of that jar?

Normally I do, but I've been having wicking issues and found one of my tested assemblies started to drown out on me after four burns, so I've been trying out single wicking for grins. I am a Mad Scientist, you know!

Bwahaaahaaahaaa!

geek :cool2:

Geek,

Your 'shroom is absolutely magnificant. And I am in awe of you for wicking a 4" jar with a LX30...would never have thunk it :)

(bowing gracefully)

Thank you! It probably is still too small, but after a twelve hour burn I suppose it was hot enough to do the job!

geek

(bowing gracefully)

Thank you! It probably is still too small, but after a twelve hour burn I suppose it was hot enough to do the job!

geek

Glad it didn't get to hot and when you came home you find your house in ashes. Please practice what you preach "Do Not Leave Burning Candle Unattended"

Glad it didn't get to hot and when you came home you find your house in ashes. Please practice what you preach "Do Not Leave Burning Candle Unattended"

It was attended...until he left...lol...We're all only human...:rolleyes2