Most accurate/best way to pour/measure FO's

Guest Japes

Guest Japes

I'm curious as to what you folks use to most accurately measure and pour these oils. Obviously a scale, but, where do you transfer the oil to, if it comes in a one pound container (or bigger possibly), for purposes of accurately measuring and pouring it?

I use 1 oz or 2 oz disposable cups and weigh fo's in them on a scale. They weigh practically nothing and are inexpensive, and saves me the bother of clean up. Don't let fragrance sit in them for any length of time, because I learned that fo's will quickly eat through them.

At first, I was using shot glasses and measuring cups. After I emptied my first plastic FO bottle, I cut the top off and whittled it away until it weighed exactly 1/2 oz. Now, I don't bother with the tare function. I know that if I need 3 oz, I stop when it reads 3.5 oz. If I go over a bit I use a plastic droppers (www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com) to take out a bit at a time. Once I've used a dropper for a certain scent, I use a rubberband to keep it with the bottle of FO.

At first, I was using shot glasses and measuring cups. After I emptied my first plastic FO bottle, I cut the top off and whittled it away until it weighed exactly 1/2 oz. Now, I don't bother with the tare function. I know that if I need 3 oz, I stop when it reads 3.5 oz. If I go over a bit I use a plastic droppers (www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com) to take out a bit at a time. Once I've used a dropper for a certain scent, I use a rubberband to keep it with the bottle of FO.

Great idea!!:grin2:

Yeh...what Trish does. A great scale is a must for consistancy.

I tare the pour pot and using flip top caps weigh the exact amount of FO I want directly into the pot. if I get too much I use a dropper to take some out, but that is so rare with a nice flip top and paying attention!

I was using those Stainless Steel cups from the Restaurant Supply until I realized how much FO was being wasted over the long haul.It was just a waste of everything. Oil, time, papertowels...everything.

I use 1 oz or 2 oz disposable cups and weigh fo's in them on a scale. They weigh practically nothing and are inexpensive, and saves me the bother of clean up. Don't let fragrance sit in them for any length of time, because I learned that fo's will quickly eat through them.

This is what I do as well. I use two cups (one inside the other) and pour into the cup right before I'm ready ot put into my pourpot because the FO will leak through the cup (which is a huge mess and a waste of good FO). I like not having one more thing to wipe out/clean.

I've also used the stainless steel condiment cups (from Wally World) and they work well too, but only hold about 1 ounce and you have to clean them.

I put my pour pot on the scale, tare and pour how much FO I need directly into the pour pot.

This is exactly how I do it. I use to use a glass shot glass to weigh the FO and then from there I would pour it into my pour pot. Finally wised up and cut that step out and now pour and weigh directly into my pouring pot.