Pouring Pots Question????

Pouring pots are generally easier to clean. I got started using coffee cans and a camp type coffee pot though, and it was a bear to clean all the wax out for me anyways, until I learned to melt the wax out in the oven ..lol

Though after a bit, my coffee pot, did start to flake... so I'd go ahead with the pouring pot, should only be maybe a few $ more .

pix

if you do end up going to Michaels or JoAnn Fabrics, be sure to use the 40% off coupons that come in the Sunday papers...Makes the purchase just that much better....:D

:wave:

Kim

OH Thanks for the heads up onthe coupons I can handle a 40 percent discount...Yahooo

Hugs Maggie

I was wondering if a pouring pot has to be stainless steel or you can use an aluminum coffee pot that you use for camping...LOL... I was wondering what is recommended...Thanks...

Hugs Maggie

Yep you can, although its probably more expensive than a regular pouring pot. I've still got my original coffee pot (perculator) and it still works fine.

Or you can wait until Hobby Lobby has a 1/2 off sale and go buy them out of pour pots.....I've done that before......I once snagged 4 pots from them..LOL.

Sometimes suppliers will run specials, if you buy so much you get a free pouring pot. Although its easier to just toss one onto your cart each time you order, you will have more than enough by the time you finish ordering enough supplies for a year.

HTH

I have some Alum Pots that dh bought at grocery store, that look like pouring pots only wider and shorter. Very smooth on the inside, so getting all the wax out is no problem. I did use some pliers (over a towel so it wouldn't mark the pot), and made the lip for pouring better. These hold 2lbs of wax easy. I don't remember what he paid for them as this was a good couple years back, but it worked for the time being...and I still use these as well as my pour pots from suppliers. HTH

Steph in tx

I just bought a couple of pour pots from BCN...they have the kind that have markings on the inside to give you an idea of how much wax you have in your pour pot. I was going to mark places on the inside of my regular pour pots, but when it's full of hot wax, that's difficult to do.