finding a local wax distributor?

I've been getting my wax from BCN for 6 months now, all the while looking and calling up to 100 miles from my home trying to find someone around here who carries a soy wax...the shipping is killing me! I order a few cases and end up spending close to the cost of 2 more cases just on shipping costs :( I have looked at some other distributors but they are the same or more for shipping/cost of wax so that's not any better...

can there really be no one who sells soy on the east coast?? BTW--I'm in western mass and have looked up and down from vermont to new york and new jersey. I did find one called "way out wax" in VT but they make their own (?) and I think it's a mix rather than just soy. anyone out there know a distributor out this way? thanks

thanks, I did see them too..I have bought the bears they have--they're really cute and work great for dipping. same problem with them though--they only have a blend and something called soy 125. I've never heard anyone talking about this type of wax before and hate to play guinea pig (I know I know--everyone has to test, and trust me I have--and will again I just have no desire to test out a product that may not be around in a year or 2 because it is a special blend other than my own) I've been working with ezsoy and have found a few things I don't like about it--was hoping to switch over to ecosoya adv or maybe another that people have had good experiences with. jason's wax sounds nice--wish I had joined when he was offering samples--guess I'll have to wait til it's avail next month to try some. it just makes be nervous using something that someone else (other than a big established co.) has blended--because who knows if it will be available in the future and it has cost $1000's in testing, I can't imagine having to go through an entire rehaul of that again

Don't mess with Way Out Wax. There used to be a distributor in VT for Eco-Soya, and it appears that Way Out Wax bought them out....guess they were afraid of competition from other chandlers :angry2:.

The above mentioned suppliers are good. Shipping is very reasonable from PA, and when you can go for the 200 weight discount, you'll be a happy camper.

I buy my soy from Candle Supplies by Farmhouse in New Jersey (www.candlesuppliesbyfarmhouse).

Another supplier in PA that carries soy is Fillmore Container (www.fillmorecontainer.com). If you don't see it on their website, call them. They just started selling soy, so their website may not indicate it yet.

Both suppliers have great customer service.

try www.thejarstore.com. Their wax is designed with their jars in mind. I called them and they sent me 4 of their jars (any type and size), 10 lbs their wax and I think I paid like 19.00 with shipping and i am in Indiana.
That's Cargill's Naturewax C-3. It's no more likely to work well with those containers than any other soy wax, but if you like it there may be a supplier close to you that carries it.

TOP..I did notice that C-3 (cargill) has a distributor near me (thejarstore)...they are about an hour from me so if I end up liking their wax I might be all set locally. so far they are the only ones--I think I am just going to settle on having whatever I end up deciding to use shipped in. I have a couple samples coming in the next few weeks and am just going to hold off buying any bulk wax until then.

BTW..thanks jason, I called kris and she's going to send me out some next week along with a work up of shipping to me for future orders--I am soooo looking forward to trying this wax out after hearing the reveiws here. thanks for your time and help with this. great wax AND great customer service, what more could peoploe want??

Hey everyone! I am trying to find a supplier in Kansas but haven't had any luck. There is a place in Olathe on that website but $77.00 for a 55 lb box sounds a little expensive to me. I've been getting it for $1.00 lb. I'm also using C-3 and they don't carry that. Anyone know of anybody who carries candlemaking supplies and/or jars in Kansas City? I'm only an hour from there and could save the outrageous S&H charges. They're killing me! Thanks!

Hi, I'm new to this board. I live just north of you in NH. I have used several distributors and found that Wholesalecandlesuppliesplus.com, and Candlescience.com have the quickest ground shipping for me. I get my supplies in 3-4 business days with both these distributors. However, I haven't ordered wax from either. Only other supplies - but heavy things like jars, etc.

Sab

Boleks crafts in Dover Ohio carries C-3. $40.00 a 50lb case. I have no idea what it costs to ship though. Boleks is local for me.

www.bolekscrafts.com

Just checked out that site.. Got real excited when it said free shipping in the US for orders over $100.00...

But the website says $75.00?? Am I missing it???

http://www.bolekscrafts.com/soy_based_wax.htm

Hope the didn't raise the prices on ya this week-end!!:embarasse