What size?

angied

Hi folks,

I was just wondering what size and type jars do you put your sugar scrubs in and where do you get them? Is 16oz to much? I looked for something alittle smaller but all I can find is 8oz. Maybe I am just having a blonde day;)

Thanks

Angie

Well I love scrubs and use them a lot. They really help my dry skin. Still, it takes a while for even me to get through an 8 oz. container. ANything smaller, though, and I blaze right through it. So I like 8 oz. containers myself. I prefer a jar I can scoop from; I tried Malibu tubes, but my scrub is too thick to dispense easily.

Guess I'm too much of a weakling to heft the 16 oz'ers. :laugh2:

I think 16oz is just too much too...plus its hard for them to fit in my shower. I want to try the 12oz size. But I'm going with the 8oz for now & a smaller sampler size.

I also prefer a shorter jar. The taller ones sometimes are hard to get your fingers in there to scoop some into your hands when you're getting down to the bottom.

Well, I am gonna be the oddball here and go with the 16 oz. I think. When I use my brown sugar scrub, I like to rub it all over my arms and legs, so it doesn't take me long to go through the 8 oz I have been testing in my shower. :D

Well Kaybee,

dont tell anyone but I have a 16oz in my shower right now;) but I didnt know what sells the best. I agree I use it all over my body and atleast a cpl of times a week so I go thru it pretty quick.

Angie

I had 'em in 16 oz. I just got some 8oz. to try.

I am on the hunt for some 10-12oz too. If you find any that would work be sure to post and let us know. I will do the same.

oh and adding that I am not selling them yet so I don't know what sells better.

I have given the size issue with sugar scrubs alot of thought. Although I like a 16 oz jar I decided on an 8 oz jar. I think it would be more in the price range where more people would buy the 8 oz than a larger jar. Low profile are great but it's easier to label a regular jar than low profile ... at least for me. I offer an 8 oz jar for xxx$$ and two 8 oz jars for twice as much minus $1 for those that want 2 of them at the same time.

I just got the 16 oz straight jars from MMS and they look awesome for scrubs and I love how there is a lot, I use it everyday and most of the customers that have been buying it use it very often as well.

I just started making these very recently and I am getting rave reviews from customers and my testers loved the jars and the scrub...yeah, cus I absolutely love this it

I just got the 16 oz straight jars from MMS and they look awesome for scrubs and I love how there is a lot, I use it everyday and most of the customers that have been buying it use it very often as well.

I just started making these very recently and I am getting rave reviews from customers and my testers loved the jars and the scrub...yeah, cus I absolutely love this it

Those are the same jars I just got and want to try out. I still have to figure out costing for each of the jars and think on it some more before I make a final decision.

Well folks I found a place that has 12oz jars now I just need to figure out which way I want to go (12oz or 16oz) and figure out cost issues....oh yeah here is the site http://www.bathbodysupply.com/page/page/901913.htm

Let me know what you all think;)

Has anyone tried these. I saw them just a few days ago, and I also have been trying to figure out a good size for the scrubs, thinking 8 oz isn't enough but 16 oz being to much. It's hard to tell from the picture, but these look really cheap to me. I love the size, but not sure about the quality. I hope someone has tried them and can let us know the quality of them.

I'm still on the fence post about scrubs as well. I go through it pretty fast as I use it daily so, 16 oz. would be great for me. But, price wise and selling, 8 oz. would probably be more feasible and might yield more sales. Although, 10 oz. might be appealing too. See, I told you I'm still on the fence post. If I'm not mistaken, Amanda used these for her salts and Carmen uses these for her Intensive Moisturizing Cream. These are 12 oz. http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin118c.html

I like the ones from Bath & Body supply better than the ones from SKS...it looks more professional and you can see the yummy product through them...the 12 oz sounds like a good size.

Kaybee- you will love those jars, everyone makes comments on them then they buy, it does hold a lot of scrub but I am a scrubaholic, just hope my customrers are as well. So far so good!

those are good, the only caution I have is that 2 of my testers got their scrubs in the ovals and had negative feedback on them, they said they could not scoop out very good. I let them know they were not going to be packaged in those jars and they were so happy.

I didn't look at the price, but if it is good, go for it, don't buy a huge amount and you can always switch later once you get feedback from your clientele base.

Your not driving us nuts...thats what we are here for

packaging can be one of the biggest struggles in making new product

Yes, I think 10 or 12 oz. is doable. Good size and more affordable than a whopping 16 oz. I would like to find a good jar that seals like a lightning bale wire jar, but not in glass. Glass + wet tubs/showers = :( tragedy! That way they'd seal well enough to ship without leaking. I've heard such a jar can be found, but I can't remember where since senility is creeping in early for me. :grin2: