Do you get a repospnse from customers from your auto window lettering?

Sndfrddy

Been thinking of doing this for a while now. I've noticed soem threads on it lately. My husband doesn't think they would generate much of a response. Those of you that do have them, have you found much of a response from them? I was thinking of putting name of my candles and web site. Thanks.

I'd be interested in knowing this as well. I see a few here promoting Avon or Mary Kay - since I make my own goodies, I'm not real interested in calling 'em, but it does grab my attention. I just wonder if my attention is grabbed because I'm considering implementing the same marketing strategy or if it's actually something that catches everyone's eye. Hmmm.

:wink2:

If you advertise your business with window decals or magnetic signs on your vehicle, does this change your auto coverage from a personal use vehicle to a commercial vehicle? I have no idea ... just wondering.:confused:

Great news for State Farmers! I just got off the phone with my rep - they don't consider window or magnetic decals as turning your vehicle into a commerical one UNLESS you use the vehicle 100% of the time commerically, but just driving around to work, school, etc. doesn't make it commericial. Whew! I was worried there for a few minutes.

:D

Actually, to a certain extent, I think this does work.

My friend just made candles out of her home last year. She put up a sign in the back of her car that said "I make candles" and she had a couple of people stop her to ask her about it when she went in shopping places.

But, of course, she didn't think to have candle samples or brochures in her car! xD

I got my business name, phone # and website done in vinyl lettering on the back window of my van last year. I've had several people ask for business cards or just ask what my business is while walking thru parking lots or loading groceries. A lot of people mentioned having seen my van around too so it definitely gets noticed. I figure anytime someone is driving behind me on the road, they see it and there's always a chance they'll visit my site. It only cost me $50.00 because we knew the guy who did the lettering but I think it's worth the one-time charge for advertising for the length of time you own your car. JMO!

I have one on the back of my suv. I got it done about a year ago and have hand oh I would say a handful of orders from it. (I always ask how they heard about me) One thing I will say is definately have something to show them (business card, brochure or sample of something) cause lots of people will stop you when you are parking at the grocery store etc.... I have state farm ins. and mine didn't change because of the decal. BTW mine has bus.name, phone # and website on there. I got it online and hubby put it on.

HTH:wink2:

If you advertise your business with window decals or magnetic signs on your vehicle, does this change your auto coverage from a personal use vehicle to a commercial vehicle? I have no idea ... just wondering.:confused:

It absolutely will! About 3X the cost of your regular insurance.:tongue2:

Does anyone know how much the magnets are? I was thinking about putting these on my husbands car because he spents approx. 3 hours in the car every day for work. His company rents him a car that he drives and he turns it in after so many miles so we can't put anything permanent on it.

I wonder about this because I have seen cars that with major businesses advertised on them.

I read that companies will pay people a couple hundred a month to put the signs etc. on their cars and I just wondered if that did anything not only to their insurance but taxes too.....

Hi JudyN

I did a goggle search and here is what I found:

http://www.speedysigns.com/signs/magnetic.asp?gclid=COCWsrWOgoQCFQ1-SQodFw1DjQ

http://store.yahoo.com/accentgraphics/magneticsigns.html

http://www.magneticsignsontime.com/

http://www.magneticsigns.com/

I know locally I can get ones done for $50.00-$100.00. Many of the print shops here that do regular sign work will take smaller orders like car and yard signs....

HTH