EO's in CP soaps?

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

Can this be done? Also, how would I do it and how much? Also, can anyone recommend a good place to buy them? I wanted to make my own, but I'll wait until the summer when it's a bit warmer.

hi,

i used eucalyptus and sweet orange EO in CP 2 weeks ago , well i didn't weight or measure how much i put, i was just pouring until i can smell it really strong, so i guess i i might have put 1/2 teaspoon or less of both together....but i can't really smell the orange, only the eucalyptus, but it smells good.....and it was a 8oz batch, just to experiment....

so i hope this will help you..

take care,

Laura, Sweden.

Guest EMercier

Cool, anyplace to get good EO's?

I like that website to get the blends, but it doesn't tell you how much. I'm figuring maybe 1 part each.

Cool, anyplace to get good EO's?

I like that website to get the blends, but it doesn't tell you how much. I'm figuring maybe 1 part each.

Yes it does... look towards the bottom. It will say how many oz of oils you are using. Plug in that amount and hit enter.. or something like that and it will tell you how much of each to put in!

Don't feel bad.. took me awhile to figure that out too!:o

I looked at their prices and they seem a bit expensive. Is that one of the lowest prices?

Keep in mind that the prices of EO are normally quite a bit more than FO because they come from the real plant, flower, tree, etc. FO are synthetic. Don't let the pricing discourage you.... most of my favorite soaps are made with EO's.

HTH.

Keep in mind that the prices of EO are normally quite a bit more than FO because they come from the real plant, flower, tree, etc. FO are synthetic. Don't let the pricing discourage you.... most of my favorite soaps are made with EO's.

HTH.

Ditto.

My brain on fo soap ---> :grin2:

My brain on eo soap ---> :D

I looked at their prices and they seem a bit expensive. Is that one of the lowest prices?
Unlike FO's whose price per pound only varies by a few dollars within the same supplier, EO prices will have a much wider range depending on how difficult it is to obtain. You could start with the less expensive EO's to see how you like them. Some of them are less than $10 a pound (e.g. eucalyptus) and so can be even cheaper than their FO counterpart.

Guest EMercier

You know when you say it like that, it makes sense. I'm only looking at about 3-4 EO's. Right now, I'm only going to do 5 - 6 types of soaps.

You'll also be surprised when you start with EOs, I bet one of the first things you'll say when you sniff a bottle is "Yow, it stinks!" Most EOs aren't as sweet and great out of the bottle, like a FO. They don't smell good at that concentration. Like my favorite herb, rosemary. First EO I got smelled like a forest service outhouse that hadn't been maintained. My nose was accustomed to sweeter FOs. But now, I'm loving it.

True, Robin. They smell earthy, pungent ... these are not your baby wipe fragrances here. LOL But I adore a good patchouli, some sweet orange, grapefruit, lemon, tangerine, a nice ylang ... too many favorites to list! They may take getting used to, but sometimes it's just pure heaven for me to take the lids off and sniff. :)

You haven't known refreshment until you've showered with peppermint eo soap in the hot summer. :grin2:

I'll give you the ylang, yuck :) That one I don't think I'll ever care for - I've got a sweater that I spilled a whole 2 oz on (those d*** containers of EOU) and it reeks! Now I can't get past the smell, even to use it in a small amount in a blend.

I carry around a little vial of bulgarian lavender EO. I sniff too - my new rosemary, patchouli, clary sage, tangerine and grapefruit yum, spearmint, anise.... I just wish I was a better blender.