Poll: What type of jar do you use?

What is your favorite or most used jar(s)?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite or most used jar(s)?

• Jelly jar
    • Wide mouth canning jar
    • Hex
    • Apothecary
    • Victorian
    • Square
    • Tureen
    • 12 sided jar
    • Aluminum Tins
    • Other

At least 95% of my sales are jelly jars!! But I sure like "pretty" ones--got a shipment of Metros yesterday from Fancy Candle Jars and love them; can't wait to test. But, of course, I'll have to charge more since the jars are so much more expensive than what I normally use, so I don't know if they'll sell to my "frugal" customers or not.

Jane

Could someone be kind enough to tell me the best place to purchase these? the best price and shipping that they arrive ok.

Thanks

I don't know where you live, but the cheapest place for me is www.fillmorecontainer.com They have great customer service and good shipping rates. I have never had a problem with breakage either. You can also get a wide selection of lids from them also. :)

90% of my sales are the 8oz JJ's. That is the cheepest I can find so I can offer that jar candle at a cheeper price.

I have found much nicer looking 8oz jars but I have to charge up to 40% more for those verses the JJ. Also I live in a small town and my price points can not be high for me to sell products.

I may come up with a pencil holder type container that is decorative and will fit the JJ. That way customers can still use the JJ but have a nice look too.

Candle Man, a friend of mine found some really cute black wire holders embellished with flowers made from beads that a jelly jar fits into perfectly. She got all they had at the Dollar Tree, used some around her house and gave the others away. I haven't found any at the Dollar Trees I've been to, but would love to--I also would get all I could find because my customers like to buy the inexpensive jelly jars but I can't help thinking they would like for them to look a little better. They could have the best of both worlds--get a cute looking candle and only have to pay for the pretty container once!

So if you find any of those pencil holder-type containers you mentioned, let us know--you're not the only one on a search for them.

Jane