Kinda Funny

Shawnee

My son just started baseball. Upon registration I was handed a huge box of candles to sell as their fundraiser this year. My husband and I looked at each other and just started laughing! So I think we have decided to just purchase these candles ourselves. What would you do?

Every year my son's school does a Yankme fundraiser in the spring. He throws it right in the trash. In front of the teacher too! Are you required to do the fundraiser? Our league sells candy bars...40 in a box, one box for each child registered, and we have the option of selling the candy or paying $25. Maybe you could explain the situation and see if you could sell some of yours instead and give them a portion of the profits? Just a thought.

Yes unfortunately we are required to do the fundraiser. I'd much rather sell candy, although I'd gain 50 pounds! Damsel, everyone is doing great. My due date was Saturday so now its just a waiting game for another kid to pop out...lol. I might as well just cut the check now for the candles...I just can't stomach selling someone else's candles..lol.

Oh man!! There's no way I would sell someone else's candles. Our youth fundraisers here usually allow the parents to "buy out" a certain amount of money instead of selling whatever it is. If it were me, I would ask whoever is in charge if you can have that option and tell them why.

I personally wouldn't have anyone to sell those candles too, because those people are already my customers and if they bought the fundraiser candles instead of mine, that would directly affect my business. I flat out wouldn't do it, they couldn't make me!

Oh man!! There's no way I would sell someone else's candles. Our youth fundraisers here usually allow the parents to "buy out" a certain amount of money instead of selling whatever it is. If it were me, I would ask whoever is in charge if you can have that option and tell them why.

I personally wouldn't have anyone to sell those candles too, because those people are already my customers and if they bought the fundraiser candles instead of mine, that would directly affect my business. I flat out wouldn't do it, they couldn't make me!

Ditto! I would respectfully decline and ask that in the future they consider using you for the fundraiser. ;)

I would also hand the candles back along with a sample candle and fundraiser info!! It sounds like a good opportunity to get your foot in the door. I would also politely explain that selling their candles is in direct conflict with your business.

Patricia

I wouldn't sell then no matter what. It is a direct conflict and if they say you have to after you explain it, screw em. The kids might not be able to play ball, but they will learn a lesson in ethics and loyalty which are very much lacking these days. Bruce

I think...though never been in that situation, would purchase the candles and donate them to a locally, I'm sure somewhere around you they could use them, like at a local safe house. Then I would politely ask who coordinates the fundraisers and give that person my fundraiser packet and ask that the organization would consider my company for their next fundraiser. I would be afraid that by giving the candles back, or asking to opt out due to my company would make the organization frown upon possibly using my company next year. It wasn't stated whether these were made by another parent, or a major company like Yankee, so it very well could of been made by one of your childs teammates parents, and wouldn't that make it an uncomfortable predicament. I guess trying to put myself in your shoes, and wanting to "do right" in all reality..this is not about you, your business, your craftmanship, or anything of the like...it is about supporting your child (the most important thing). Again just purchase the candles...donate them for a tax write off, or put them up for one of those week long power outages...lol