Buttery Fizzy Solid Scrub Bar??? Help?

lindsaycb

Gosh I wish I could help but I'm a little lost on the whole idea. What would you want the purpose of this to be? Exfoliating? Moisturizing? Based on the ingredients you named, it sounds to me like a regular fizzy bath melt...only larger. Is that what you had in mind? If so, I'd just do a search for Bunny's bath melts or Farrell's emulsified melts (both are AWESOME!) and mold them larger to suit you. Hope that helps point you in the right direction.

P.S. If you do use a "fizzy" bath melt recipe for a larger bar...I'd be sure to put a warning on there somewhere about possibly tickling their um, doo-lollies, with all that fizzin ROFL. Although that might be a strong selling point!

I don't really think they fizz. I rec'd one once a few months ago & it really only scrub a little. More like its a lotion bar after the shower, but really you use it in the shower.

I was thinking of Bunny's Melts, so I may just try and go with that.

P.S. If you do use a "fizzy" bath melt recipe for a larger bar...I'd be sure to put a warning on there somewhere about possibly tickling their um, doo-lollies, with all that fizzin ROFL. Although that might be a strong selling point!

What's a doo-lollie?

• 2 months later...

We can put a link up to the apres glow at the dish, but cannot post other people's recipies from other forums here at CT. All has to be linked. (Now, I have it on the pc, but have no clue where that link is!)

Lindsay what about taking the melt and glo bar and playing with the ingredients. It sounds like you know exactly what you want and what each ingredient does. Therefore you can leave some out of one recipe and add ingred. from the other to make what your looking for (hope that makes sense)

A doo-lolllie is, um...that thang that makes the world go round, LMAO! Or as my daughter used to say many years ago when very young, THE FRONT OF YOUR BUTT! hee hee

We called it a "pee tail" when were kids. Or a girl had a "sugar bowl" and boys had "dobbers." LOL

:shocked2:

OMG - ROTFLMAO. Sorry girls, not to change the subject again but this subject deserves a thread all of its own!

Lori

• 1 year later...

How in the heck I came up with this post I'll never know.

Any way I went looking on SD for the recipe and found http://www.soapdishforum.com/forum/index.php?act=

Search&CODE=show&searchid=09a88360536d735cacaf

11b061669821&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&hig

hlite=%2BApres+Glow

Then I saw the date. :embarasse Maybe someone is still looking...

:shocked2:

OMG - ROTFLMAO. Sorry girls, not to change the subject again but this subject deserves a thread all of its own!

Lori

LOL, the little old ladies in the nursing home I work at call them "flowers", so when there are issues with improper peri-care, I will write in the communication book that our "flowers" are starting to wilt and need a fresh splash of soap and water LMAO!

ANgi

I realize the original topic is long over, but what the heck:

The Apres Glow bar has baking soda but not citric acid and it's not fizzy.

When I smoosh up my fizzing bath melts (basically butters & oils + baking soda & citric acid) in the tub it really leaves my hands irritated if I handle them too much - I'd not recommend rubbing it over your body (or at least not over mine).