Has anyone purchased tart burners from...

Bitter Creek North? I saw some white ceramic electric tart warmers they had for $6.75 each and was wondering if these were any good. I purchased a nice looking electric tart warmer from Yankee Candle and the thing sucked. It never even melted my tarts all the way, so I returned it. Right now I'm using a candle warmer with a stainless steel pinch bowl on it...it works great but is not the most attractive. I've got quite a few soap stone burners that require a tea light, but was hoping to add the electric burners for sale also. So, I was just wondering if these get nice and hot and throw the scent well...I don't want to waste my money on something that's going to work as bad as YC's. Appreciate any input you guys may have.

I am wondering if the electric burners at Jackals are worth an investment because I want to take them and sell them at the next show I do. I do soy clamshells but heard the Jackel tart burners aren't high temp enough to melt oven those.:undecided Their priced are good but I need to know they work well. Don't want sell an infearior product to my custmers.:tiptoe:

If its like the one on bitter creek south, it should get plenty hot enough because the description says these are 24 watts and 120 volts. my coffee mug warmer that i use ( for me only) gets hot and melts tarts fast and its 24 watts. the ones i buy from wallmart is 17 watts but it also melts good i had tried the coffee warmer they had for $2.50 and they didn't get hot enough to melt my tarts. these are nice at bittercreek, i would buy some if i knew i could sell them back to people.

Yes, Bittercreek North and South have the same tart burners. However; the warmers that are 24 watts are the candle warmers. Their tart warmers are only 15 watts. I too have the warmers from Wal-Mart which are 17 watts and they work great. Maybe a two watt difference wouldn't matter all that much. I may just try one and see how it does. I'll return it if it doesn't melt well. Thanks for your input guys!

OH, ok i got you what you mean LOL! i'm thinking candle & warmer same but i know they also have electric tart warmers, let us know if you buy one how it works. i like to buy some even if they were just to put in baskets for family gifts.

Nice high wattage on those. Although I like the look of the tart warmers better at Bitter Creek. But...with those, it can be used for both a tart warmer and candle warmer...better selling point. Hummmm, I've got to think about this one. Thanks so much for the link!

I have the 24-watt ceramic tartwarmers (made in China) from candlesandsupplies.com, and they work well. I also carry the punched tin ones from Irvin's Country Tinware (handcrafted in USA), which also work well. Depending on the metal (brass, copper, tin), they recommend either a 25 or 40 watt bulb. I prefer a 25-watt.

• 2 weeks later...

I sure wish someone who lived within driving distance of C&S would offer a co-op on these tart/candle warmers. That sounds like a very good price to me for a warmer of that wattage, and the 144 price is incredible. I love the Rival mug warmers from WM, but you can only find those around Christmas and these white ceramic ones are very attractive. I am not happy with my Cozy Up warmer at all; I melt tarts in a Pyrex sauce bowl and there is always a little ring of wax around the edges that doesn't melt, so it isn't getting hot enough for me. Unless there is just something wrong with mine; it is 17 watts, so if the 15 watt burner from BC is working for Fern, then that is a possibility. I have to use a shallow tin to get it to melt more completely, then the cool wax won't "pop out" like it does in the Pyrex and I end up having to pour it out while still melted.

I am wondering if the electric burners at Jackals are worth an investment because I want to take them and sell them at the next show I do. I do soy clamshells but heard the Jackel tart burners aren't high temp enough to melt oven those.:undecided Their priced are good but I need to know they work well. Don't want sell an infearior product to my custmers.:tiptoe:

I ordered quite a few as Christmas gifts and I have 2 in my house. They work fine, melt the tarts without a problem and they have some very pretty styles but I think I'm going to order some of those from Candles and Supplies.

They are plain looking but a good price.

Sheila, I also was going to order a couple to try. It kind of threw me for a loop, though, when I saw that the shipping weight for one burner was 4 pounds! How can that be? At that rate, the shipping would be more than the burner.