Jars at Walmart

They also carry the ball and kerr jars, mostly canning jars in packs of 12. I don't know where they might be located in your walmart, I have 3 walmarts near me, and in each walmart they are located in different places.

Walmart 1 had them in the kitchen department, Walmart 2 had them in the paper towel isle, and Walmart 3 had them in the craft department.

You could just ask where the canning jars are and I'm sure they will know although Walmart 2 told me they were out of season and they didn't have any, but when I went to get paper towels there was a whole shelf of them.

And also if you look in the craft department there are the nice jars like everybody stated above.

Grocery stores also have them well the ones around here do.

HTH,

Mindy :grin2:

I use the wide mouth Kerr Jars and the half pint wide mouth Kerrs and I sell those like crazy!!! They are in housewares in the canning section,,you can also go to your grocery stores as they carry them all year round!! HTH:D

In my Super WM, the apothocary/victorian type jars are in the housewares stuff, across the aisle from the baking sheets and near the garbage cans. The jelly jars are in with the seasonal stuff (like where the easter candy is now), or a row behind that. But these jars are only carried in the canning season at my wal-mart.

The only apothocary/victorian type jar my WM has are plastic. Guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

I personally don't think you're missing anything. The jars don't look that great and are not any cheaper than buying them and having them shipped. But if you're really hard up, just come on down to Williamsburg. I'll meet you at the McD's inside Wal-Mart, lol. We can do lunch.

I went to Walmart and bought another presto pot and found jars that I really like. They are very thick (no lid). They are made by Libbey (in Mexico) The say Hex on them and they are squarish (larger on the top than the bottom). I'm wondering how I should wick these, any suggestions?. I will probably use IGI 4627 wax. I paid $1.27 per jar.

What kind of wax you using? And how wide is the diameter of the jar?

The wax is Comfort Blend IGI 4627 and the jars are 3-1/4 in. I found them on Libbey.com. They are called 8-1/4 oz tapered square. So is there a wick you would suggest (they are tappered so the jar gets smaller at the bottom).

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Discussions;action=display;num=1078452577;start=0#0

I search square walmart in the archives. There are a few posts about this jar. Most of them were chandlers pulling their hair out trying to wick it. Good luck!

Thanks for the help but she says this is a 20 oz. container and mine is only 8 oz. I will try a zinc though but probably not two wicks???? I will also see the stats on this jar to see how large it is across. Thanks anyway.