You have got to be kidding me!?!?!

I usually buy my J50 from Candles and Supplies in Pa, since they are fairly close to me. The last time I bought a couple of cases of wax was in January and it was about $50 a case. I went to look a few minutes ago and guess how much they're charging per case??? $70!!!! That's right - $70 per case. They have got to be out of their minds!! I am NOT paying that much per case. I know wax prices went up, but sheesh. :angry2: Carolina candle supplies and Candle Science both have it for $54 per case, which is much more reasonable. Guess who won't be getting anymore of my business.:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Maybe some companies are slower to raise prices until they have to reorder and get hit with the price increases themselves. I know the candle suppliers around here just dropped them entirely (j50, j223) becuase they thought the price jump was too much.

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny you bring this up because I was going to order from them this morning as well, then saw the freaking price! I ended up getting it from WSP because even with shipping, it's cheaper. I checked other sites as well thinking I would find cheaper shipping, but the cheapest I found was only $2 cheaper than WSP, so I just ordered from them. Man I hope they all don't go up that high or I'm screwed. :(

Have you checked the price of gas lately? It has been going up and up....so will wax. Wax is a petroleum product. Buy what you can now because the glory days are gone...................unless we strike oil in Alaska...oh wait...we did...maybe Texas...oh yeah....been there done that....well...guess it is all gone. Just wait until the soy wax jumps too. It will. The larger candle company who buy it by the ton will be able to survive, but the little guys like us are going to have to be very creative. Remember when Campbell's soup came in a 16 ounce can....then they slowly started making the cans smaller over the years fuguing we wouldn't notice....well I guess we didn't. They're still in business. Maybe we can make our 6" candles but really only make them 5 1/2".....then next year they will be 5 1/4.....pretty soon our 3x6 candles will be 2x4 and lightly scented. Donita

I was just thinking that the wax you are talking about is soy and soy/paraffin blends...but all wax is going up. Some waxes are being deleted because there aren't as many candle companies as there were. They will have to raise prices due to decrease in sales. There was a big boom of candle companies in the 90's.....most of them are gone now. The big guys are here and so are we. The last several times that I was in Barnes and Nobel there was only one candlemaking book. There use to be new ones every couple of weeks. Remember? Does this have anything to do with global warming? Just kidding, but it seems that everyone wants to blame all of our woes on that. Donita

Donita is right...the cost of wax is going to go up everywhere eventually. My BIL owns an oil company and he told us there's no end in sight. I'm lucky enough to be able to pick up my wax from C&S and by the time I'd have a case shipped to me, I'd be paying the same price anyway. Once I broke it down it came out to about 2 cents more per oz. Hopefully shipping won't go up too much more for those of you that have to have your supplies shipped to you.