Container Blend Survey Results

• 1 year later...

wowzer, what a resource.

Sara, I was thinking about your question about an overall score. In order to calculate that I'd want to first assign an "importance" rating to each of the areas and then calculate a weighted overall rating based on both the importance and the scores - kwim?

• 1 year later...

The survey helps you to understand why so many people have blends of the blends. Everyone wants that wax with the great hot and cold throw and the great appearance without wet spots or any blemish problems. I just don't see why the wax folks can't (or won't) come up with a wax formula that meets or exceeds these standards? Would a good chemist from one of the companies give me that product with a hefty payment of cash?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The results are in.

Don't forget this survey was not conducted in a scientific manner. The sample is composed of any CT member who chose to respond, sometimes prompted via PM, and respondents were free to rate any wax they pleased.

The survey isn't intended to suggest which container blend is best. Each product is used to good effect by experienced candlemakers and rated highly by some people. The best wax is the wax that meets your needs and expectations as well as the wax you know how to use well.

Each blend is formulated according to a different strategy, which typically involves tradeoffs of one quality for another. Nobody has yet discovered a formula that produces the perfect wax, but I hoped we could uncover a few clues about what aspects of wax performance are optimized by the various approaches taken in these products.

Most of all, I hoped it would just be fun and interesting to see how this comes out!

Hi Top...I sent you a PM...not sure if you would notice it so I posted it here so you can look ...THANKS