? about unscented floating candles

I've been asked to make floating candles for my step sister's prom in June. They have a scent free policy in their school because of allergies, so they have to be unscented. I will be using the same scallop mold that I used for my tarts.

The one and only time I tried unscented candles, it was votives and they were awful. They got stuck in the mold and wouldn't release from the wick pin. They didn't burn right and the only thing that was different than my regular votives was the lack of FO.

Is there something you add to the wax to make up the difference of having no FO? I use IGI 4794 (votive), 4625 (pillar) and 4786 (container). I will likely use the 4794 for these floating candles.

TIA,

I feel your pain about unscented candles. I just did a huge batch of plain votives for my friend's wedding. The votives stuck to the molds (which was a pain), but did well with an LX wick. I was so glad to finish that order.

Maybe adding some mineral oil might help. I haven't tried this. I just vaguely remember reading something about it on the old board, so maybe you try a search before taking what is possibly ill-fated advice, lol.

You may want to try your scallop molds and drill a hole for the wick. Then turn the scallop over and put some melted wax on the bottom to seal the wick. I would think you won't have a problem getting them out of the scallop.

HTH