Check this out

I found this when searching http://courtneyscandles.com/frlaorscca.html then read some of their site

"Since fragrance costs twenty times more than wax, highly scented candles cost more than the cheap ones you can buy at the discount store. Very highly scented candles like Courtney’s Candles actually have little liquid pockets of scent oil that you can see thru the glass container."

I bet their in for a law suite before long with there highly dangerious candles.

What some people will do or say to sell their products.

edited to show the quote from their site

And I guess those "little pockets of scented oil" they are refering to that you can see through the jar must be the those "WET SPOTS":laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Give me a break! Dang, they must have to work REALLY hard to get all those "little pockets of scented oil" in there,,,,,,,,,ROFLMAO Portia

And I guess those "little pockets of scented oil" they are refering to that you can see through the jar must be the those "WET SPOTS":laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Give me a break! Dang, they must have to work REALLY hard to get all those "little pockets of scented oil" in there,,,,,,,,,ROFLMAO Portia

yeah, those are totally wet spots, jeesh :confused:

Oh my goodness that is just crazy. Also selling her oils that she uses in her candles and says that you can use them in a simmering pot.....

You can also place some oil in a ceramic lamp ring that sits on a light bulb or put some in a simmering pot to fill a room with scent.

Guess along with those pockets of scent noone also needs to worry about flash points...lol

What a joke..lol:rolleyes2

I realize that some people do this with oils but I am not comfortable with that at all.

I e-mailed them about the "scent pockets" in their candles and this is the response I got:

Hi,

We have been in the candle business for 14 years now and have never ever had anyone have a safety problem with our candles.

The scent quickly goes back into solution in the wax when you light the candle and then slowly evaporates off into the room.

What can get you into trouble with highly scented candles is using fragrance oils with a low flash point. Things like lemon, for example, are much more volatile and they can catch the whole top of the candle on fire. Needless to say, we do not use any fragrances with low flash points.

Hope that answers your questions.

Frank Belliss

Courtney's Candles & Creations

2029 Willard, Joplin, MO 64804

866-723-6873

www.courtneyscandles.com

Clayworks/Blue Sky by Heather Goldminc,

Rhythm Small World & Seiko

I liked the part too where they said this.... LOL!

Soy wax candles are recent fad on the candle scene. Their makers tout the advantage of a lower tendency to produce soot. The problem is that soy wax will only hold about half the fragrance load of high quality paraffin wax, so you don’t get all that much scenting power with a soy candle. Besides, as long as you keep your wicks trimmed short to about 1/8”, good quality paraffin wax candles will not smoke anyway.

Right.......

I have set up at shows that they were also at. They have a nice setup and were nice to talk to. If I remember right the husband and wife that started it split and this is the new hubby with "Wilma" I think was her name. This was 5 years ago so Im guessing but think thats her name. New hubby was tallllll and neither of them were stuck up. Most of what they sold were large apoth jars, they roll the displays preloaded out of a huge motor home and trailer... take the tarps off the displays and they are ready to sell. Cool, fast, setup. Bruce

I have set up at shows that they were also at. They have a nice setup and were nice to talk to. If I remember right the husband and wife that started it split and this is the new hubby with "Wilma" I think was her name. This was 5 years ago so Im guessing but think thats her name. New hubby was tallllll and neither of them were stuck up. Most of what they sold were large apoth jars, they roll the displays preloaded out of a huge motor home and trailer... take the tarps off the displays and they are ready to sell. Cool, fast, setup. Bruce

A dream come true! :drool: I have to develop a better way to set up at shows.

Most of what they sold were large apoth jars, they roll the displays preloaded out of a huge motor home and trailer... take the tarps off the displays and they are ready to sell. Cool, fast, setup. Bruce

I don't like them because of that part alone!!!! It literally takes me hours to set up. Now breaking down is alot quicker. Cuz at that point, I don't care what goes where!! I'll figure it out later. Especially when I finish a 3 day show!!

I'm JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Did they edit their site? Cause I cant find any of these statments?????? I was looking forward to reading the soy candle fad story. :embarasse

No, I just checked their site. Here's the statement about the scent pockets:

Since fragrance costs twenty times more than wax, highly scented candles cost more than the cheap ones you can buy at the discount store. Very highly scented candles like Courtney’s Candles actually have little liquid pockets of scent oil that you can see thru the glass container.

Well, if they've been in business that long they are obviously doing something right. ???

I don't get it about the "pockets of fragrance oil" how can you get POCKETS of FO???? :confused:

It was kind of funny about the smoking issue, where they stated that if trimmed properly they WON'T smoke, but then somewhere else it said something like ALL candles will smoke a little bit, or something to that effect. ;)

I don't know I guess it's workin' for them.

I do envy them their setup though, how cool would that be to have it all set up already and just kind of roll out it and uncover it and TA DA you're set up!! I'm jealous also, and I haven't even done a show yet with my candles and such, but have done shows with my painted crafts etc. and KNOW how much work it is to set up for shows!!

Well, if they've been in business that long they are obviously doing something right. ???

I don't get it about the "pockets of fragrance oil" how can you get POCKETS of FO???? :confused:

It was kind of funny about the smoking issue, where they stated that if trimmed properly they WON'T smoke, but then somewhere else it said something like ALL candles will smoke a little bit, or something to that effect. ;)

I don't know I guess it's workin' for them.

I do envy them their setup though, how cool would that be to have it all set up already and just kind of roll out it and uncover it and TA DA you're set up!! I'm jealous also, and I haven't even done a show yet with my candles and such, but have done shows with my painted crafts etc. and KNOW how much work it is to set up for shows!!

I couldn't have said it better myself.:D