Cocoa Butter Soap & "What the heck is it?"

Brenda

Here's a couple of pictures of two recent soaps. The first is a plain cocoa butter soap. Three days out of the mold and already hard, but lathers like a fiend. Tough to stamp, even on the first day. Had to get out the big hammer! I used undeodorized cocoa butter I had on hand...lot's of it; then scented with Rosewood EO. Not sure about the smell yet. Figured I'd give it a few weeks to develop and then see.

Cocoa_Butter.jpg

Here's the "What the heck is it?" experiment from yesterday. Went a little nuts with the colorants. :rolleyes2 Scented with NG Tranquil Sleep. Oh my...Not what I had in mind at all. It smells good, has purple bubbles like crazy, but look at those splotches! They weren't there when I put in in the oven yesterday. :undecided

Nebula.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I love the "what the heck is it bar", can I have it??? :grin2: It kinda reminds me of those black bulbs, and how it florescents anything that's a light color....I think it cool!!! Your stamp turned out nice on the cocoa butter soap. Keep it up!!!

I love the "what the heck is it bar", can I have it??? :grin2: It kinda reminds me of those black bulbs, and how it florescents anything that's a light color....I think it cool!!!

Bless your heart, cozyaromas! You gave me an idea for a name for my experiment soap! I could name it "Night Lights". What do you think? :grin2:

Thanks for your nice comments, guys!

Guest EMercier

Those are so nice! I really like the second one. I know my BF would love it as well if I can make him a bar like that.

Sara - It's a different recipe. Very simple and easy:

49% olive oil

27% coconut (76 degree - WalMart special :wink2: ) -corrected 3/7/06

24% natural undeoderized cocoa butter

I fussed at the percentages/ounces in SoapMaker until it gave me the characteristics I wanted.

I have to say that I used it today in the shower (and on my scalp) and am very happy with the results. Mild, creamy lather. The jury is still out on the scent - I wanted an EO that would cover the chocolate scent. I made 32 bars in a slab mold. My husband had to cut it for me because I waited overnight and through a work day before it came out the first part of this week.

Bless your heart, cozyaromas! You gave me an idea for a name for my experiment soap! I could name it "Night Lights". What do you think? :grin2:

Thanks for your nice comments, guys!

Anytime Brenda....glad I could be of some assistance. :)

Sara - It's a different recipe. Very simple and easy:

49% olive oil

37% coconut (76 degree - WalMart special :wink2: )

24% natural undeoderized cocoa butter

I fussed at the percentages/ounces in SoapMaker until it gave me the characteristics I wanted.

Cool Brenda - thanks for the info on it. Interesting percentages - sounds like it made a nice soap... you've piqued my curiosity for sure.

Cool Brenda - thanks for the info on it. Interesting percentages - sounds like it made a nice soap... you've piqued my curiosity for sure.

Yes...they are different. We will see if it tends to dry my skin because of the high coconut percentage. I hope not; I'll have to tussle with my SoapMaker program if it does. I thought it worth a try. The bar is very smooth and fine. I'll try to remember to let you know how it all works out.:)

I really like the What The Heck Is It? soap and I think Night Lights would be a great name. The cocoa butter one is so nice and professional looking. Did you use all cocoa butter for your oils if you dont mind my asking.