How do you package your pillars?

Stephanie

First I used a poly bag and tied with a ribbon and a hang tag. But the bags got beat up after a while. Then I switched to a heavy-weight matte paper band wrap, which is what I'm doing now. But the cutting and wrapping and taping really takes a while. I was thinking of just putting a hang tag on the wick. So I was curious what others do for my own inspiration. You all are so creative!

post-912-139458395331_thumb.jpg

Guest EMercier

I've seen many pillars in stores that had the hang tag on the wick. And, the pillers were naked. Hope that helps.

I use the cello bag.

Why: Because it holds the scent and by squeezing the bag you can smell through the top where it's tied.

I know the bag can get shop worn over time. When they do I change them but not very often because they sell fast enough to not have to.

Also I have found with the naked ones they loose their scent on the outside. They still smell good if you scratch through the top layer and still have a great hot throw. But with my customers if they can't smell it they wont buy it.

Candle Man

Starting pillars this year and will use the cello bags, ribbon and hang tag.I think when nothing is used they get picked up so much(sniffing) and get to looking bad.Also loose scent.The cello bags keep the scent and they aren't handled over and over.When they are the bag protects that.The bags are usually $.70 each so not bad if I would have to replace.My wish is for a quick sale though.

Use hang tags for labels.The same way you would package wax dipped bears.

Cello bag, ribbon and label.I don't know about putting labels on the pillar candles.I haven't seen that.I wouldn't think it would hold and if made with paper not safe IMO.Maybe special tags for that.

LynnS

I've been shrink wrapping my pillars and leaving the tops open by the wick so they can sniff the fragrances. I may not be doing that much longer I have been playing with tarts and am working on having a tart for every FO so people can just sniff those instead of always handling the pillars. I've had a few people drop them or slam them on the table and they get a bit dented...so have been looking for a way to helpa void that a bit...I know it'll still happen but hopefully not as frequently so I dont have to keep giving them away...LOL (even though my family loves the free candles):D