Not nearly as nice as Donitas balloon candles

Hi Janet....I finished some yesterday but was way too tired and hungry to take a pic....I will go and do that. Between you and me we are going to get this all figured out. I bought some more bulbs and my grandson Van is going to make a 4" one......I told him that he can actually "light" his candle now. Thanks for telling me how to do it. It sounds to strange to anyone who doesn't know what it is, but "I love my holer"..... thanks!!!!.This electric candle thing is a lot of fun. The ones that you took lit were good. You should post those too. Hmmmmmm flowers look so familiar...lol....Donita;)

Thank you everyone. I can't get a good pic with them turned on. They look yellow instead of green.:o

Janet

Yellow may be caused by using regaular light bulbs, which are made with tungsten. Perhaps you've heard of a type made by GE, I think, that is "white" light. They probably cost more than regular light bulbs, but for photographic purposes would be well worth the expense. Just a thought ... :)

This is way too funny. Now you are going to try white and last night I told Ed that I think I should buy some more CLEAN stock pots and make balloon candles in pale pink, lavender, blue, green and gold....I personally like flowers on white candle of any kind, but the customers like them all and the bottom line is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$....we will just have to keep experimenting and see what works. I was out shopping yesterday and everywhere I went there were electric candles. Glass ones at Plow and Hearth....lots of jars, flicker battery tea lights....people are more conscious of the dangers of FLAMES.....I know that even when I am being careful.....I forget that I am testing a candle ......like right now at this very moment I remembered that I have one over in the house on the mantel...........bye bye...am running over there to blow it out right NOW!!!!!!!!! :tiptoe: Donita

Your sooooooooooo right Donita, most things i dont like customers do and im with you on going the money route,lol. Their all beautiful, i just think lighter colors dont take the detail away from your flower art. I think lighter pastel colors would look great. Janet your green one is beautiful, i didnt mean to take that away but id love to see one in a pastel type green. You two are making wonderful canes. Keep those lovely pictures coming. Lin