Polycarbonate molds & palm?

I only tried one and I didn't like it. Also the top cracked after one use ( I pour at 200) I think Rob has used these without a problem. I noticed they are on sale at candlewic so I was thinking about giving one another try.

I have used two different molds of this kind with palm feathering wax. One candle came out fine but the other one had trouble and the top of the candle broke while trying to get it out. The shapes of the ones I made were strange - rhombus, and pyramid- so the wicks I chose didn't work well. I will try them again maybe with soy this time. Candlewic has pictures of palm wax candles from these molds on their website.

I make a lot of sphears with the palm...PQ. They are great. I think the differece might be the wick. I never wick the mold. I always drill the hole after. I also scrape out the excess wax around the seam before breaking the seal and make sure that once the mold is hot with wax, re-press the seal. I find that the expansion of the plastic can allow the wax to seep out.

I also pour at 200.

You don't have any problems with the molds cracking pouring that hot? For some reason I was under the impression that polycarbonate molds were kind of like the other pastic types, that you needed to pour colder.

I make a lot of sphears with the palm...PQ. They are great. I think the differece might be the wick. I never wick the mold. I always drill the hole after. I also scrape out the excess wax around the seam before breaking the seal and make sure that once the mold is hot with wax, re-press the seal. I find that the expansion of the plastic can allow the wax to seep out.

I also pour at 200.