Glue Dots Candle Dots

Has anyone had a problem with Glue Dots Candle dots not sticking to thier jars? I purchased some of these to try, Placed the dot on the end of my wick, pressed the wick tab firmly into the jar with my ball point pen tube, held it for a second firmly, then took the pen off. The glue released once while I was heating my jar, then again when I poured at 160??? Am I doing something wrong or is it the dots themselves?

Ditto about the Glue dots. I have lost customers because of them. Once the candle would burn low and liquify, the wicks would slide to the edge of the container. Besides this being unsightly and blackening the side of the container, it is very unsafe. I too have a large roll lthat I use for other stuff once in a while. Wick Stickers are the way to go.

Don G.

I tried the wick stickums and they sucked for me. Went to Steve's (candlemaker's store) brand (much better!) but pricey. I now use 3m mounting tape. Buy it at staples in a HUGE roll. Just cut off a foot or so, tab it, cut them apart and wallah and the stuff won't loosen!

This is absolutely the best adhesive/quick method I've found...and comes out price effective since I can just run and pick it up rather than pay shipping.

If you try this, get the 3m brand! I have tried cheaper brands and they do not hold up.

I now use 3m mounting tape. Buy it at staples in a HUGE roll. Just cut off a foot or so, tab it, cut them apart and wallah and the stuff won't loosen! This is absolutely the best adhesive/quick method I've found...and comes out price effective since I can just run and pick it up rather than pay shipping. If you try this, get the 3m brand! I have tried cheaper brands and they do not hold up.

Is that the clear tape with the red liner, or the foam?

I too use the wick stickums...I find that if i heat my jars before I put my wicks in that the stick really good. They stick so good that when I'm done with a tester and go to remove it to clean my jars that I have one HECK of a time getting them out...

Jeanna

hmm... is there a particular type of glue you buy for the glue gun? Hi Temp or anything? Will pick those up for my personal jars, and silicone for jars I am selling, I want to be able to reuse my own jars for testers.

• 3 years later...

sorry, i know this is a very old thread.. but was just reading around..

i use this:

2007051705202542006-0811-5959.jpg

a little dab with a butter knife.. works good! i may be a noob, but so far i haven't had an issue with it. but i am curious what is the most commonly used method by everyone?