Cardboard shipping boxes

itsmejeffd

Where do you get your boxes for shipping?

I'm going to need several sizes.

The UPS store is VERY expensive ($2 each for an 8x8x8 when buying 25 or more).

I'm looking into USPS but I'm not finding a large variety of sizes.

Online, I've found a couple places. So far the best one looks like Uline.com. They have a huge variety and the price per box seems good but the shipping is a bit up there. I put about $130 of boxes in my cart and the shipping was going to be close to $60. With the shipping, it was going to be an average of $1.30 each (better than UPS). Any suggestions of where to get them cheap and local would be very much appreciated.

Try here

www.victorypackaging.com

They have offices all over the U.S., there are a few in Texas. If it's near you, you can pick them up. If not, shipping should be cheaper?

You will probably have to call and get prices or a catalog, I don't think they have their prices on the site. I usually call in my order and go pick it up. They also have the bags of styrofoam peanuts for a reasonable price. They have a nice variety of packaging supplies that you might be interested in.

I believe there is a minimum of $100.00, though.

HTH

I know what you mean about the USPS boxes not having a lot of sizes. Often one box is too small and then the next box up is so much bigger that I have to put a lot of "stuffing" in it to fill up the space. But then, I can't complain, as these boxes are free. I'm still better off than buying boxes from elsewhere.

If you are planning on coming up around Dallas anytime in the future, they have a Dallas location. Actually it is in Coppell, in the Dallas suburbs. I used to work over next to it and picked up my supplies there. Or if you know someone who lives here who would come to visit you, could bring them for you. That is the only Texas location I am aware of.

Thank you everyone for your ideas. I'm going to look into each and every one of them. I have a friend in Dallas and family in Houston. Problem is that I only have a 4 door car and half the back seat is taken up by a 2 1/2 year old. San Antonio is about 1 1/2 hrs away (victory pack.). Hadn't thought about the Yellow Pages -- D'oh! I get so caught up in shopping online and thinking that's where all the best deals are.

I am not sure if there is a branch in your area, but I use:

www.FreundContainer.com

For all of my boxes. I get them in 500's and they are very cheap. My biggest box is 12x12x12 and they cost me 51¢ each. Check them out!

Another thing you can do is get alot of local quotes and see if the closest one will match that price. That is what I did with Freund. I used to be an Associated Bag customer, but they are over 1½ away while Freund is only 20 minutes. I showed them the rate quote from Asst Bag and they matched it!