Palm Wax Question

Tried looking for the answer, but couldnt find one.

What is in the palm wax that makes it turn colors after burning?

I made some purple palm wax tarts, burn them and this morning looked in the holder and it was pink... I have made lots of tarts, just never really paid attention to the color it is when I am working with palm wax..

Any thoughts??

Christina

Don't know why, but palm wax just does that. I made a candle one time out of it and colored it blue and scented it Blueberry Muffins. After the wax warmed up again from burning it, it turned purple. I think there have been other people on here that it has happened to as well.

Tried looking for the answer, but couldnt find one.

What is in the palm wax that makes it turn colors after burning?

I made some purple palm wax tarts, burn them and this morning looked in the holder and it was pink... I have made lots of tarts, just never really paid attention to the color it is when I am working with palm wax..

Any thoughts??

Christina

I always attribute it to the "heat" of the candle burning off the color. The ph info in this thread could be part of what contributes also. In our large melters, I find that a color with "blue" in it can burn off quicker than others (purple being a combination of blue and red would leave pink if this happens).

HTH