Candle Open House

moniek

:) Boy I am glad its back up! I am wanting to have my first candle open house in November. Does everyone serve refreshments during this? If so, what? I am inviting about 50 people, although I know everyone wont show up. Just needing some tips. Thanks!

I plan to serve some snack foods. I am doing some cheese and crackers and wine, tea, water, and coffee that is all i have down for now. I am still working on things so any suggestions would be great. ;)

You may not want to serve alchol because that gives them a reason to sit and drink. I just had an open house and I made up a cookie platter and I have pop and coffee. It was just enough for them to snack on and it wasn't a huge cost to me.

Also make sure that you have lots of order forms. I did mine as a cash and carry and what I didn't have in stock I took orders on. It worked great for me.

You may not want to serve alchol because that gives them a reason to sit and drink.

We DID serve alcohol (wine and beer) so folks would feel a little more free to loosen their wallets :P And they did! :D

Ours was around Christmas though and was truly more of a "party". We had the products set up in the living room and all the snacks were kept to the kitchen and dining room. So once people were done shopping, they kind of got out of the way and went to the dining room. Worked great and was very successful.

Good luck! ;)

I've never thrown a party so this is a good thread for me to watch and take notes... i think finger food would be good though with punch. Nice but not fancy... after all you don't know how much they are going to spend and it could be less then worth the hassel if you go too far out. :)

HUGS