Stamps.com???????

Suzanne

Ok, anyone out there use stamps.com? I finally decided to sign up for convience and to save time. I got the CD promo package in the mail saying i'll get this and that free for signing up.

I installed the software and registered with my CC at their site and accepted the agreement and the first user name I put in was already taken so I entered another user name and it was accepted for registration.

Then, i get this email saying that i'm a previous stamps.com customer and will not be getting the promo items offered.

What the hell is up with that?? I have never been a customer of theirs. This ticks me off!! Not only have I emailed them telling them that I WAS never a customer, i'm currently still on hold on the phone with some lame ass music and all calls will be answered in the order they are recieved.

Geez, I thought this was a reputable company!! But right now I feel like they've totally ripped me off. And this holding on the phone in excess of 20 minutes so far is ridiculious.

I feel sorry for whatever analyst answers my call, they'll probably get an earfull. It takes a lot to set me off, but when I feel I'm being ripped off that does it every time.

Sorry for venting....but had to let it out and am curious about others experience with this company.

They are big con artists...I'd rather eat and sh*t glass than to do biz with them again. What they "fail" to mention is that there is a cheaper plan out there that does the same thing for $4.99. I called the customer service number and rep started talking to me like I owed her money which quickly got her cussed out and explicit instructions on where to put her FREE 5 lb scale, labels and $10 postage.

I used to have them years ago, back when it was free. Loved the convenience, never had any troubles, but once they started charging a monthly fee for lower volumes I ditched it. Wasn't worth it.

This is good to know.

I finally got through. To bad the guy was very nice. He didn't get an earful but was very helpful. They do have a glitch in their "new software" evidently. And he fixed it. So he's forwarding the info of my experience while registering to probably the tech dept.

I'm gonna give this 4 week free trial offer a chance and see how it goes. I really like to get some kind of program set up for postage before this fall.

Thanks for listening and responding- at least you people here know what i'm talking about.

I have been using Stamps.com for over 2 yrs and I never had a problem with them. Yes they do charge $15.99 a month PLUS postage and you get use this service Unlimited. I like the fact that I no longer have to go to the Post office and purchase stamps. I print them out LOL

There is a FREE service out there which is the Click n Ship. You pay for the postage on it.

HTH

I think I'll stick with stamps.com for awhile. The guy I talked to yesterday called me back today and went through the WHOLE program with me. He was so helpful, I'm telling you....that customer service makes it or breaks it for me. I'm sold. LOL So far....after the initial registration fiascal....I'm loving it. Printed up some postage for boxes ,uh parcels, LOL was a snap.

Hi Jeanna,

The program itself, prints out a labels with shipping on it with the info you put into it and it also helps for keeping things organized, best methods for shipping, rates, how long, delivery notification, etc. And I guess the biggest factor for me is, it saves a lot of time. No more driving to the Post Office and waiting in line. And your packages look more professional when sending to customers IMO. They also do FedEx.

I dont get spending over $170.00 over the course of a year to ship out packages. I do realize the time saving aspect. However I just could not justify an expense like that. I do ALOT of shipping. All of my wholesale accounts are out of state. Why would anyone spend money for something that is free and readily available?

You can easily open up an online shipping account with Fed Ex, DHL, UPS and USPS for free. It gives you the rates, estimated time for delivery and basically anything u need to know. It is simple to figure out that Fed Ex is cheapest for large, heavy packages and Priority Mail for anything else. If someone does a transaction with you thru Paypal you can use Parcel Post, Media Mail, Priority and just about any other option USPS offers for free, plus UPS.

Even though you can't print stamps online, (not yet anyway) I myself buy them in rolls of 100 so its not an issue. Nor do I go to the Post Office for anything. I am all for convenience~ but not at that price. Thats cutting into my profit margin way too deep. All my outgoing packages look professional. I use brand new boxes and print labels off my computer. The little stamps.com logo doesn't do a thing for presentation and most people wouldn't even know what it was.

I have a had a few friends that used Stamps.com and had nothing but issues. The only person I know that uses them without hassles is Ashlie.

Mystical, I'm working the "expense" out as a little bit in handling, and the rest in cost so it's not just off the top. You have to work it into the figures I guess is what I'm trying to say. In the long run it looks like it will be much more beneficial for me.

Mystical, I'm working the "expense" out as a little bit in handling, and the rest in cost so it's not just off the top. You have to work it into the figures I guess is what I'm trying to say. In the long run it looks like it will be much more beneficial for me.

I understand what your saying Suzanne. Whatever works best for you is certainly the option you would choose. I personally would spend my money elsewhere. It was just my opinion. :)

You've got me wondering now.....what is the advantage of Stamps. com vs Click-n-Ship. Before C&S came out, there was a definite advantage, but now, what do you gain by using Stamps.com? It can't be worth $170/yr jsut to print postage for letters, so what am I missing?

Mystical, would you please fill me in on the "issues" you said others have had with them? I'd sure like a heads up so I know what to look out for. Thanks!

I dont know specific instances Suzanne. Basically I gather that the software has it *quirks* so to speak. When calling into customer service, the person not only was put on hold for long periods of time~ the rep was not very tactful nor helpful. Thus they could not use the stamps service and went to click n' ship because the package had to be mailed and she had no alternative. When she called to cancel her account and was asked why she explained this to the rep and also told him that this was not an isolated incident. He basically dismissed her and cancelled her account.

Even if this wasn't a pay service, bad customer service can ruin any service or product. I know you said that last experience you had with their c/s was positive. So maybe they have new employees.... LMAO!! :P

I agree. The fee sucks as does the customer service. The ONLY perk is that you can do first class postage...you can't at USPS' website. The 15.99 is charged even if you DONT use it that month because according to the genius I spoke to "They have no way of knowing if you used the program or accout or not". Morevoer, they don't discount the rates for you...so basically you're paying 16 bucks for their dinky labels. You get $10 free postage and scale AFTER you've paid your first month. Just not worth it to me, after you get past the fine print and asshat employees.

ive been using stamps.com for about 2 years. the advantage to stamps.com vs click n' ship is that you CANNOT use clickn'ship

1. for first class mail or parcel, only priority or express

2. i dont think you can insure your packages with clickn' ship without going to the post office

now ive been using them for my current biz, which isnt candles, so my packages are often less than 1lb and usually less than 5lbs and fit in my mailbox for my carrier to pick up. so I dont need to drop them off at the post office.

For packages over 5lbs Fexdex is usually the most economical choice.. and insurance is included. if I had a close Fedex place or if I met their minimum per week packages for pick up I would use Fexdex.

hey just wanted to add my 2 cents in here. I use Click-n-Ship with USPS they send you free priority and express boxes to your door no cost to you at all... you can get a free delivery confirmation with everything you ship via online. You can insure all of your packages not to mention they give you like 10 different options. There's a calculations area where you just calculate shipping if someone needs a quote. Customer care for the most part is awesome... not to mention the best part about it is... IT"S FREEE.... and they pick it up at your door step for free... wowzers I love it... but hey if you like paying $16.00 a month and it's worth it stick with it just know there's something out there that doesn't cost you anything but exact shipping with free shipping supplies to boot.

HTH

HUGS