What size molds do u use for embeds??????

Here is the monster that you all created....I love doing the embeds now and am going to order new molds. What size do most of you use for your hurricanes. I have sooooooooo many, but the 4" molds I fill up with wax so people don't melt them accidentely.....but I want the embeds to light up. I am thinking about 5" diameter by 6 1/2" tall for my standard size....any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Donita

Hi EM (aka embed monster). That's the size I use. Seems to work well. Several use the sq. mold. Think that one is 4 3/4 x 6. Happy pouring!

PS the oval mold works well for pictures that are longer left to right. Allows you to see more of the pic.

Sharyl...thanks....I have lots of squares and ovals....the squares are ok, but I have trouble centering pictures on ovals even when I am gluing them on....I guess that if I put a pen mark on the mold for the center it might make it easier. My molds are SOOOOOO OLD and a little mishapen....that I want brand new ones only to be used for photo canes....a crocked side will make for a wavy picture....I mean my molds need replacing. Hee Hee Hee...I have abused them over the years....when wax won't come out, I pound them on the floor....shame shame shame on me. I just have noticed over the years that most people buy round candles....guess they have round holders or plates or think that candles are round. We have one customer who has an "old fashioned" type of store and said she can't buy square because they didn't make square molds in the olden days.....WRONG....I have seen many antique square tin molds. Oh well....people just are people. LOL Donita

Just for the record I would like to point out that Candle Man is insane (in a good way).

I was just looking at your Big One. 10"x12" 7-wick scented candle, 28 lbs., 420+ hours burn time, $200+. Nice glossy finish from the looks of it too. There's a photo of a test burn at 85 hours and it's just starting to make a dent in it.

Very cool madness!