What to bring??

cable_stacy

I did a search on the board for candle parties but couldnt find what I wanted to know. I have a friend who lives 3 hours away, she would like to host a candle party. She says she will have at least 10 - 15 people attend. I was wondering exactly how much I should bring? We have decided that if alot of guests order items I dont have with me that I can ship them to my friends house for her to deliver (save on shipping). Yet I want to be able to sell alot right there too. I have gone over this a hundred times on paper and it seems I want to take WAY too much! LOL What do you think? I only offer 4 different size container jars at the moment.....party isnt till march.......will have testing done on a new jar by then. So 5 diff size Jars and my tarts. Oh and I offer 45 scents maybe a couple more before march. Thanks in advance for any input or advice:bliss:

I would take a little of each fragrance...Maybe one of each size jar in each fragrance and tarts in each fragrance.

Personally, I'd rather take too much and have to shlep the stuff back home than have to take orders and ship it. When I would go to shows at someones house, I would tend to spend more money if I knew I could take the stuff home that day. Also, it depends on how much you can fit in your vehicle. HTH

When I did shows and when I actually get back in gear, I always had at minimum of one scent. Where it was a simple tealight. But on the average, I would take 2-3 of each scent. It was a lot to carry and move....but I sold a lot on the spot and had very few orders to fill.

Guest EMercier

I'm a bit of the opposite. I take orders. I've thought of taking stuff as if I were doing a show, but I think what a good sticking point for me is that I have a quick turn around. I have my samples and I give away candles. People order for Tupperware and wait for their stuff. I remind them of that. BUT, if you do take stuff I would take at least two of each scent you carry in each jar.

First thing I'd do is cut down the amount of jars, LOL. That gets to be to much when you have that many scents.

You will never be able to figure out what the public wants, so it's very hard to guess what will be selling. I started out taking orders when I did my first party, but as I got my stock built up I started doing cash and carry, and then would take orders if I didn't have something, but I really would rather just do one or the other.

I would not ship because of the expense. The way I see it is, if you take as much as you can in your car, and you have that many jars to choose from, people who don't get a certain scent in one jar can get it in another. I know I wouldn't pay an extra 4.00-5.00 to have a candle shipped to me just because I like one jar over the next. Don't make more work for yourself than necessary.

And I agree, people do like cash and carry, they seem to like to take their goodies home with them.

Good luck with the party. I love parties, they are real money makers.

I would go 3-4 each scent and also narrow to 3 jar sizes with the least expensive take the most of.8 ounce JJ are the best sellers for me so would be what I would take more of.I LOVE the 10 ounce classic but people want the candle that is a $1.00 cheaper.

Tarts I think would sell.Not just the cost but they have a variety.Most of these people are trying your candles for the first time.Some of the scents they haven't tried so they mayl buy tarts or a smaller candle.IMO

LynnS

What I am looking for is a 4 ounce jar I like and a larger jar than my 16 ounce mason. That would make 5 jar sizes for me.