First Hurricane/Luminary

Stella1952

This is my second attempt - the first one was too thick, etc. Eve though this one is far from perfect, I was very satisfied with this as a first (second) attempt...

Maidenhair ferns grow under my house all year long. Even though it's too early, there are a few azaleas trying to peek out - these are some of the first Pride of Mobile red azaleas...

Thanks for lookin'.:)

post-2519-139458393343_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Luke - I love ragged edges too, but this one was unintentional - it's a BOOBOO!! :rolleyes2 Because the first one I made was too thick, I was really paying attention to the thickness of the wall and got it a leedle too thin... That's all right - I'll get it dialed in!!

We have been waiting on a shipment of wax to try these - nearly snached the UPS guy's arms off grabbin' the box this afternoon!!

Thanks to Donita and others who have graciously shared their techniques so I could bumble through this. Can hardly wait for my DIL to get home so we can play some more (although I'm not wild about wandering around in the dark looking for more greens...).

ROTFLMAO - not THAT L.A.!! Southeast Louisiana - Katrina country.

WoW!! Thanks for all da nice words, folks!! Me and the DIL were so fired up last night, we worked all night. We made several plain shells that we are gonna apply botanical suff to today; we picked camellias at 1 am (the neighbors don't even bother to wonder what da crazy people next door are doin' anymore...:shocked2:) and this was my third attempt...

I am proud of this one. It lacks finesse, but we're gettin' there...

YAHOO!! We is havin' fun now, yeah!! :yay::yay::yay:

post-2519-139458393376_thumb.jpg

post-2519-139458393671_thumb.jpg