I finally have soap!

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

OK, after many questions and more research. I think I finally got it. Used a recipe off here and added mango butter at trace with cinnamon mixed in. Took out soap and added mroe cinnamon (a little goof on my part). I don't care. I have soap. This time, no crumbles. soft to cut. I'm just excited. Could not wait so I cut it this morning. I actually took off work (to do school work of course, and maybe a little soap ;) ) Take a look! :yay:

post-441-13945839333_thumb.jpg

post-441-139458393332_thumb.jpg

Guest EMercier
Looks very nice. I may be off base here, but I don't think Cinnamon is a good idea. From everything I've read, it can be a skin irritant and is the reason many spicy scents are not skin safe.

e

You are right. I read that as well. I just picked up the first thing I had on the table. That and paprika aren't really that good as natural colorants. I don't really plan on selling this batch or using it much. Just wanted to get a decent batch under my belt. The cinnamon was added for show. I should've went with the cocoa powder, but didn't.