How do you display votives & tarts at shows?

7Angela7

I had them in votive display boxes that was set up on a bookcase. I like how it looks, but it is such a PITA setting those darn boxes up & tearing them down. Those that use these boxes, do you set them up each time you have a show or do you have a simpler way? What does everybody else use?

Thanks.

Tess, I like your votive display but I would be afraid a customer would push them off the back since it is open.

IMO you need a closed back or a lip in the back to prevent this from happening. JMO

Thanks!

They push them every now and then. But very seldom. If they fall they just fall on the table not the floor. The tier is actually pretty big. I told DH to make an open back because it is easier to refill without having to go upfront and push customers out of the way. So if I have 3 or 4 peeps looking at votives, I can refill without disruption.

Also because I get alot of people who instead of getting the votives themselves, they say I want this, this, and that, and without the back I can pull what they want as they point without asking them to repeat. I used to have backing on my old ones, so I switched on purpose.

Guest EMercier

Tess, I like the way you display the tarts. I was looking for an easier way. I currently use four bricks and peg board on a table. I cover the bricks with fabric, but I do'nt like that idea. Maybe I'll use something like the acrylic ones and then used something to raise them to eye level. Great idea. Thanks for sharing! :)

My mom is a manager at Bealls. She brings me tons of displays and risers, (not to mention the perfectly fitted red tablecloths you see). They are just extra old stuff they would otherwise chunk. Before a big show she lets me go up in the Bealls attic and have at it lol!!

Try asking at your local dept. stores, if they have any extra displays or shelving they would like to get rid of. Mine were Elizabeth Arden displays. They actually have an Elizabeth Arden Logo, but I covered it up with a sign. ;)

I've been putting them in baskets and things. I'm afraid to stack them up because there are children running around at shows and they might bump into the table and knock stuff over. Although they would fall on the table and not on the floor, I would still be spending a lot of time picking stuff up.

First off Tess...LOVE the tart display!! I finally switched to clamshells and have been wondering how I was going to display them...thanks for the idea!

Votive boxes. I use the votive display boxes that hold 18 (although I want clear ones that hold 12) and no I don't break them down after each show. I simply close the top and leave the votives in the boxes. Then stack the boxes into a plastic bin. I don't have a problem with scent leakage (the scent going away). HTH