Product Labels - see what you think.

epheme

I think it's a little too plain, but I think you are going for that type of look? I like plain, classy labels, but I dunno, it needs a little something but I can't decide what. I think you have too many fonts going on, but I like the how you did the company name. I think the scent name should stand out more.

Yeah, I am going for a very minimalist, classy look.

I'd like to add some color or something. I meant for the text featuring my company name to be the logo, but it could stand to have some sort of simple line-design (in color) in the background. Maybe behind the scent name? I just don't know.

Do you have Photoshop? You can jazz up a "plain" label with layer effects on the text (bevel, drop shadow, etc). I love the simple elegant look too, and I use layer effects on the text on my labels to give it a little "pop." If you are printing on a white label, you can also add a very light gradient effect. Just a tad of color will add so much.

Guest EMercier

I like that look. That's the same look I'm going for. Simple and classy. I bought a candle from Target that has what I want and I'm using it as my guide. How about a small graphic? Also, I do agree, with the fonts being mostly the same.

I hope it's at least better, not worse. I'm not sure if I like the colored border, but you who said it needs SOME color are right on. I made the scent name bolder, and the '1 oz edp' the same font. Now there's only two fonts on the front instead of three.

post-2584-139458393315_thumb.jpg

I think it looks very professional. If that is the look you are after, don't change it a bit. It says "class" to me. :)

Edited to add (after second post): the little graphic you added looks great...but, would leave the color border off...you don't want to add too much and ruin a good thing.

I really like the second one and have a couple more suggestions:

First, the logo: I love the contrast between the two fonts. You may want to tighten up the leading between the words though (bring the bottom word closer to the top) and perhaps make the first word smaller or the second word larger so they're the same width? Might make for an even more polished look.

I like the little graphic too - nice touch.

As for the border, I don't think the color takes away too much, though you may want to make it a little less thick, or go gray... maybe dark gray thin double lines? Dunno, just some ideas to play with.

All in all, great job!