Kitchen Soap

eugenia

This one is another staple for me. Scented Nantucket Briar this time.

20% coconut

5% babassu

15% PKO

5% castor oil

15% palm oil

40% rice bran oil

I normally go no higher than 12% on coconut, but this is a very, bubbly, cleansing soap. You can even go higher on the PKO and skip the babassu if you don't have it. I add 1 TBS of used coffee grounds per pound of oils at trace, and some poppy seeds. This is a great soap to have by the sink for really messy hands. It also works well on laundry stains. I would not want to shower with it. I took the pic with the mitre box I use for cutting logs to give you some ideas. It gets a nice color and look from the coffee and seeds.

encfms1.jpg

Awesome soap Eugenia! Thanks so much for sharing. Do you think it would work for mechanics? My dad and uncle restore antique cars and when they work on the engines, their hands really get messy.

Absolutely Sherie. I might even up the coconut and the PKO for them; subtract from the base (RBO or olive).

With no computer....I've got plenty of time for soaping....have done 9 batches in the last 2 wks!! :yay: That mitre box is a God send!!!

Hmm, Mary, can you say addicted? LOL! You better get back on line before the neighbors get sick of you popping over all the time.