What has happened to decent packaging

Scented

I've spent a little fortune to restart our business and apparently, few suppliers care how they package their products. Having just read that NG sold out to WSP and knowing that RE did before we slowed to a halt because of life's craziness, it explains why both packages arrived in less than satisfactory conditions. Who puts stuff in a manilla envelope that can be smashed and pop loose lids on flavor oils? For that matter, who packages fragrance oils with flavor oils with loose lids? The companies listed above, but they aren't the only ones. Lonestar threw in a wadded piece of brown paper and Candlewic and Candle Science had their problems and lack of packaging. 

I will say, though, that Midwest and Flaming Candle did very well. 

While I am complaining here, I did email my concerns to WSP about the orders. Now to find replacements because I'm not interested in wasting my money to make the mail smell. 

• Thanks 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know, I welcome it.  These entities have become complacent, and we're expected to take what's given and beg for more of a poor product or presentation. There are several newer companies that are kicking butt and taking names. WSP's owner may eventually buy them, but I'm enjoying watching the new companies shine right now.

• Like 3

I agree.  Last couple of times I haven't been terribly pleased on how my packaging was with NG!  Just put in a plastic zip bag and then a brown pouch type bag.  Of course, it also didn't help that my mail carrier just smashed it into my tiny mail box rather than the big one for packages.  I'm surprised that my oils came intact & not cracked or leaking!!!!

• Shocked 1

Well my email has gotten a couple of responses as to how can we make it right? It should have been right the first time. They wanted pictures and I should have thought of that first but I was more interested in finding out what was leaking and stopping it and cleaning it up. I don't want replacements because I don't want the same catastrophes. I want logical, sensible, practical packaging and not just something you wiped your nose with tossed into a box that isn't going to just magically stay still. I also don't want store credit because right now I am not interested in doing business with any of them ... and if their buyers buy out everyone else ... I shudder to think. 

They've offered a refund but I want more effort. Still ticked today but about 3/4 the amount I was yesterday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cross-stitch said:

I agree.  Last couple of times I haven't been terribly pleased on how my packaging was with NG!  Just put in a plastic zip bag and then a brown pouch type bag.  Of course, it also didn't help that my mail carrier just smashed it into my tiny mail box rather than the big one for packages.  I'm surprised that my oils came intact & not cracked or leaking!!!!

OK you got a brown pouch type bag ... I got just the plastic bag without a zipper. They gotta be putting their garbage in these packages. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cross-stitch said:

Of course, it also didn't help that my mail carrier just smashed it into my tiny mail box rather than the big one for packages.  I'm surprised that my oils came intact & not cracked or leaking!!!!

I don't understand what some of the mail carriers are thinking sometimes, or I should say, what they are not thinking. 😀

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Geeesh what does it take for a company to understand you don't package FO and lip flavors together? Second-time fail for WSP. They resent the order in three packages ... don't secure the lids so naturally there is a leak ... but the two flavor oils packaged with a fragrance oil is the bigger issue I have. I get to let them know again what the problem is and maybe I will send this slow mail with a paperback dictionary and underlined words for them to look up.