Scent Memory

ellajoan

I haven't tried them but I see several new companies popping up in some of the groups I'm in like them and Little Bee's scents and a couple more. Their prices are way above most suppliers. I find it hard to believe that they could be any better than some other suppliers with decent prices. It reminds me of some of WSP oils and I find it hard to think they're worth the price. But who knows. I guess I'm just not wiling to put out the money to try them.

• Like 3

🙋🏻‍♀️I have ordered from them and everything has been wonderful. Here’s my two cents. I find their prices to be comparable to Brambleberry and WSP. I was turned on to them because they had a Le Labo Santal 33 dupe for just a little less than WSP. Then I started digging a little more and found the have many more (than anyone else) dupes than anyone else from Le Labo, Dipitique, etc, plus many of their own original scent blends. Scents range from about $30-$40 per pound. Now compared to Cierra and some of Nuture Soap’s prices, they feel high but I also feel like they’re more complex and unique.

• Like 3

I have more FOs ready for testing from SM than I care to admit. I've had some absolute stunners and a few misses.  My biggest criticism is how long it takes the candles to be ready.  Two weeks is no big deal.  Some of their scents need to sit a month in product.

@Belinda mentioned Little Bees--I have a few of theirs as well.  LB's FOs will do well as stand-alones, but where they shine is when you play mad scientist and mix and match your own blends.

• Like 2

I have & I adore them ! I haven’t tried them in wax yet but I like her dupe oils mostly & I like them for perfumes. I have her dupe of Love, Don’t Be Shy ( Orange Whip & Marshmallow, I think they call it ) Angels Share ( Cognac & Spiced Praline - extra obsessed with this one ! ), Delina Exclusif ( Turkish Rose & Lychee ) & Montale Roses Vamille ( I believe that one is called Sugared Rose Petals ).

I have decants of Love, Don’t Be Shy & Delina Exclusif ( the actual perfumes, I mean ) & her dupe for Delina is pretty much spot on ! Her Love dupe is extremely close, not exact, but I actually prefer the dupe. It’s smoother, if that makes sense ? Not as sharp as Love can be in the beginning. 

I haven’t tried the originals of Angels Share or Roses Vanille yet, so I can’t say how close hers are to those, but regardless, I love, love, LOVE them ! The Cognac & Spiced Praline is addictive. The most beautiful, spiced deep vanilla fall & winter gourmand. 

The Sugared Rose Petals is a strong, jammy rose & a gorgeous vanilla. Not really a safe blind buy for a larger bottle, but I think it’s beautiful. 

Her Sol De Janeiro dupe is by far the most spot on I’ve tried. I genuinely would not be able to tell the difference side by side in a blind test. I do have some others but I haven’t tested them yet. A few of my small sample bottles I’ve purchased are flops, at least for me, but it’s a matter of preference, of course.

The Don’t Marsh My Mallow, for example - to me, it smells absolutely nothing like marshmallow, so it was disappointing to me. Dessert Table is yummy as can be ! You definitely get the white chocolate notes & it’s delicious smelling.

I got Burnt Vanilla Bean Sugar ( I think I got the name wrong but very close, lol ) & that one smells very nice. Banana - Fana is a nice candied banana scent, but I haven’t used it yet. Her shipping times vary, but nothing too bad. Last time I ordered last month, it shipped the same day. 

I think that their dupes are where they shine the most, so if those interest you, I would definitely give them a try :) 

Edited by WaxingPoetic