Macintosh Apple

Love this scent bought from Aztec. Poured up some test candles and melts using 6006. The oil smells amazing but I'm getting very little cold throw and trying the melts and they aren't throwing like I'd like. I started with 9% so can't raise it much. Anyone else had any trouble with this scent or could it be something I've done?

1 hour ago, Noob82 said:

Love this scent bought from Aztec. Poured up some test candles and melts using 6006. The oil smells amazing but I'm getting very little cold throw and trying the melts and they aren't throwing like I'd like. I started with 9% so can't raise it much. Anyone else had any trouble with this scent or could it be something I've done?

Personally I don't have much luck with Aztec FO's. There's only about a handful that throw for me...or to my liking. I never used their Mac Apple but I do use CS's and it's good at 8% in my waxes.

Man I was near Aztec so went in and bought my fall/winter lineup. I hope they aren't all weak. I had read good reviews on their FO.  Some even saying they buy all theirs from them now. I normally use CS or Flaming Candle. 

2 hours ago, Noob82 said:

I hope they aren't all weak.

I've never had that problem with Aztec oils.  They are some of my favorites.  Like all places, some will be powerhouses, some will be more subtle.  (Although, even though I haven't tried their Macintosh, I do have several other apple scents from them and they throw well for me.  Anecdotally, there have been several posts here in the last year or two saying that 6006 isn't what it used to be.  Are you getting good throw with other oils with that same batch of 6006?)

10 hours ago, BenderSF said:

I've never had that problem with Aztec oils.  They are some of my favorites.  Like all places, some will be powerhouses, some will be more subtle.  (Although, even though I haven't tried their Macintosh, I do have several other apple scents from them and they throw well for me.  Anecdotally, there have been several posts here in the last year or two saying that 6006 isn't what it used to be.  Are you getting good throw with other oils with that same batch of 6006?)

This was my first batch made from this lot of wax. Oh me I hope it isn't the wax. I'll be pouring up some that I know throw well soon so maybe that will tell me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 8:27 AM, Noob82 said:

This was my first batch made from this lot of wax. Oh me I hope it isn't the wax. I'll be pouring up some that I know throw well soon so maybe that will tell me. 

It's not the wax. The apple started to throw better. It was stronger in the larger wick I tested but that one was sooting and too hot. Going to do a test with the smaller wick and increase my FO to 10%