Dumb Shea Question!!

MichelleOH

I use to scent them but got overwhelmed with all the different scents. Now I leave it unscented and pure. When customers ask for straight shea, they want the real deal. ;)

Carmen, Are you using refined or unrefined shea? How much shea oil are you adding? I don't want it to be too greasy

I do mine with a refined shea, then I add some hemp oil, jojoba, and a small amount of sweet almond oil. I use cornstarch and also FO in mine too. I have not had a problem with it staying whipped. I usually melt the shea, add the oils etc them put it in the fridge til it starts to get s skin on top then I take it out and whip the day lights out of it. Mine does make your skin shiney when you first put it on. I don't use a preservative as I want mine to be "natural" but I do have an expiration date on it.

I whip mine to and melt just a little to help it whip better and i use fo,s because i like the unrefined and so do my customers but they prefer mostley the scented as they dont like the smell of the shea alone. I would do a little of both ways and see what you sell the most of. I sell very little straight shea but i keep a few around just in case. I also picked five fo,s and those are my scents and i just change to the best sellers. My top sellers are sweet pea, vanilla, rose bouquet, lavendar, and freesia. I dont make anything by requests unless its a true steady customer as you can go crazy plus the exspense. You cant smell the shea at all with the ones i mentioned here. Lin

My top sellers are sweet pea, vanilla, rose bouquet, lavendar, and freesia. I dont make anything by requests unless its a true steady customer as you can go crazy plus the exspense. You cant smell the shea at all with the ones i mentioned here. Lin

do you have to use a lot of the sweet pea to overpower the natural smell of shea?

i don't blame you about special request. it is time consuming and costly.

I found a jar of Shea it isn't so from Bath and Body and that is all it is, a container of shea that was melted and poured in there. You know, it kills me b/c way back when I knew nothing about bath and body products, I spent $15.00 on a 3.5oz container of that stuff. :eek::rolleyes::mad: If I only knew, I could buy so much shea right now for that amount of money. :rolleyes:

Like Carmen, I use shea oil and shea butter. I melt mine so it is soft and then whip the heck out of it. I love this stuff. My whole family uses it!!

I made some this weekend and it is very nice. It will be great for the wintertime when my skin gets so dry:)