Anyone sick of testing?

I am so tired of testing right now...I just need to vent it out. Things are going well. I changed all of my wicking to the Premier 700 series and have been starting to make colored soy again with the pryme dyes. I have 6 of my regular line left to test and then I can start testing new scents again. My hubby has been complaining 'cuz our house "smells worse than the Y**me store at the mall". He has been very supportive during all of this but I think the testing is getting the best of him. Plus he is working on our new and improved website for the candles. Sorry so long...just needed to vent.:cry2:

Oh the dreaded testing. Such a necessary evil. :shocked2:

We all get tired of testing. But the only way to grow and try to maintain the whole candlemaking venture on a business vs. a hobbyist mentality is to keep testing.

I feel your pain, unfortunately there is no way around it.

I can appreciate people that share their experiences and try to learn from others. It drives me batty that others think testing is not important. You will never perfect anything without testing, and plenty of it.

LOL I feel your pain.(specially since I will soon be testing new wicks too ;) ) I wish there was a way to test that didn't take so long. By that I mean not taking several days to test each candle so you know that beginning to end it will burn great. When you have a lot of scents to test that tunnel looks pretty long.

I know testing is the necessary evil and I skip this essential step. I have had containers crack before and votives get way to hot in the holder. I think the real issue is that 2 of my 3 kids will not leave me alone for 30 seconds! On top of washing clothes and cleaning on the weekends. Anyway, enough complaining and get back to work on my candles.

YES! I am so over testing. I've been doing wicks, scents, colors, and wax all at once. Dumb I know but I get bored with the same thing very fast. I am a changaholic. I am starting to get more orders again so I better get it down quick to get my sales back up, or I will never be able to pay off this addiction.

It would help if my new wax would cooperate better though.

I feel your pain!! :rolleyes2

I'm moving in the direction of a more "All Natural" product line which means I'm basically starting over. I have began to test a few different soy waxes in search of THE ONE! Testing different wicks to find the right wick once I decide on the right wax. I have half burned jars of wax all over my house. It drives ME crazy. But as it has been said many times, this is a necessary evil! On the up side, my house always smells soooo good. ;)

At least I have the wax issue under control. I stuck with my original wax and then started working with FO's and wicks. I have had tons of trouble with wicking until and was never completely happy with the burns. Then I got my sample box from wickit and it has made a huge difference. I have had even better scent throws with scents that I thought were so-so.

I feel your pain!! :rolleyes2

I'm moving in the direction of a more "All Natural" product line which means I'm basically starting over. I have began to test a few different soy waxes in search of THE ONE! Testing different wicks to find the right wick once I decide on the right wax. I have half burned jars of wax all over my house. It drives ME crazy. But as it has been said many times, this is a necessary evil! On the up side, my house always smells soooo good. ;)

That's funny about your house smelling good. One of my friends gave me a hug yesterday and said I smelled like all my candles and soap, kind of like an insense smell. She was laughing and said I didn't even have to wear perfume now because the smell of FO is on me so strong. I guess this could be an upside to testing.

At least I have the wax issue under control. I stuck with my original wax and then started working with FO's and wicks. I have had tons of trouble with wicking until and was never completely happy with the burns. Then I got my sample box from wickit and it has made a huge difference. I have had even better scent throws with scents that I thought were so-so.

So far, I'm really liking the samples I got from Wickit, too. And what a GENEROUS sample indeed!

THE ONE! Testing different wicks to find the right wick once I decide on the right wax. I have half burned jars of wax all over my house

When you find it.. would ya tell me! I am trying to find a more natural that paraffin wax as well. Although I am a newbie to candlemaking. I know what you mean by having 1/2 full jars all over the place!:shocked2:

When you find it.. would ya tell me! I am trying to find a more natural that paraffin wax as well. Although I am a newbie to candlemaking. I know what you mean by having 1/2 full jars all over the place!:shocked2:

Yep! Will let you know but you could be in for a very long wait cause I'm just getting started. Right now I'm testing KY Puresoy and GF 444. I have a sample of the GF 449 but haven't poured any of it yet. I may order a sample of KY's other wax and see how it compares. Based on my first test burns I'm liking the KY Puresoy better but I've only tested a couple of scents. Got a long way to go. :rolleyes2

I hate testing too.. Seems like it just cost me more money and I keep going back to what I've always used. The sounds of this FO, wax, wick, color works so much better, always draws me in. I got to get back at testing the 700 series wicks. I only have a few hundred wicks left so it's either get busy testing or order more of same. Use the 8oz. square mason and tried the one sugested but was too small, now to find my notes to see where to go from here.