Can anyone solve this mystery???!!!

What I would give for someone to solve this mystery that has plagued my candles for 4 years.  I use CBL 130 and I blend in a little 4630 paraffin for better scent throw.  Call me crazy but it's a good blend.  I use 7-8% FO.  I heat my jars. I cool them in the jar box.  I cool them out of the box.  I pray.  And this happens 90% of the time.  The remainder of the wax pulls away beautifully from the jar except for this stripe.  There's no consistency of it being on the jar seam, etc.  

Help!!

IMG_0033.jpg

Does he last little bit retract from the glass when the jars are cold? I’ve chilled some candles hoping for full glass release.  Overall, I don’t think too many customers even notice like we do.  

sometimes people have different luck pre-washing the glass. 

1 hour ago, bfroberts said:

There is no fix. I have used both waxes extensively. The 130 has better adhesion on its own but it’s not 100%. 4630 has crappy adhesion at any percentage no matter what you do.

What wick series did you have the best results with in 130?  I find that CD's are like torches at any size in this wax.  Seems like HTP's burn cooler but the HT isn't as outstanding as with the CD's.   I switched to this from 6006 because it just got too "unpredictable" but now I'm having second thoughts.  

34 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Does he last little bit retract from the glass when the jars are cold? I’ve chilled some candles hoping for full glass release.  Overall, I don’t think too many customers even notice like we do.  

sometimes people have different luck pre-washing the glass. 

Just now, lightmyfire said:

I believe that is exactly what is happening.  I've chilled in the past but my business has gotten so busy that I just can't add another step to the process.  

I think I'll try washing instead of just wiping with alcohol.  Any idea why that might work?

You can the following. Change the pour temp, change the cooling procedure, modify the wax.

Most likely the 4630 is hardening the wax enough when the wax cools, it pulls away in jar.

Better adhesion comes with softer wax. Instead of 4630, you could try 4627 or another soft parrafin.

if you are having trouble with CD wick. Test with jar a little more than half full to determine happy place for wick.

You should try 4-6 CD wicks.

6 hours ago, lightmyfire said:

What wick series did you have the best results with in 130?  I find that CD's are like torches at any size in this wax.  Seems like HTP's burn cooler but the HT isn't as outstanding as with the CD's.   I switched to this from 6006 because it just got too "unpredictable" but now I'm having second thoughts.  

I like Eco the best in the 130 by a mile. Great burn & throw.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NightLight said:

You can the following. Change the pour temp, change the cooling procedure, modify the wax.

Most likely the 4630 is hardening the wax enough when the wax cools, it pulls away in jar.

Better adhesion comes with softer wax. Instead of 4630, you could try 4627 or another soft parrafin.

if you are having trouble with CD wick. Test with jar a little more than half full to determine happy place for wick.

You should try 4-6 CD wicks.

Thank you!  I may give another paraffin wax a try or just find a better pre-made wax.  CD 4 or 6 are WAY too hot except in the heavy fall fragrances.  I have some FO's that are burning super hot even with a CDN 4, so I've had to try HTP 62.  I thought that adding some additional paraffin would help to allow me to keep the CD's but it hasn't helped at all with the 4630.  Oh the joys of chandling 🤪

• 3 weeks later...

Oh hahaha oh I didnt even notice! On first glance I couldnt see what you were talking about but I see it now. Ill mention this….I went into Yankee Candle a few months back and was HORRIFIED at the condition of these candles they were selling. Wax pulled away from the glass all over the candles and looked blotchy, bumpy tops, wet spots on top, craters and sink holes, you name it every flaw we try to fix they had it all. People actually buy these candles looking like this?! So, it made me step back and wonder what all my fuss was about. Who doesn’t want the perfect looking candle right!? We all strive for perfection….. but as my neighbor said (and she bought a lot for party favors and is an event coordinator ) “ these minor  imperfections as you call them just add to charm of handmade candles and I don’t even notice them! I like it”. Perhaps its really only you that notices the flaws because it seems no one else thinks so. Don’t be so hard on yourself 🙂 Easy for me to say, right?!

I use 464 and I pour in a really cold room in my basement. I use clear glass vessels and sometimes I get the wax shrinkage in certain spots. In the winter I have to hit the tops with my heat gun a lot  and sometimes it fills in the spot and sometimes it doesn’t. I always pick the worse side for the label so you can’t really tell. Summer i get almost perfection. Temperature for me seems to rule the outcome.