Hemp Wicks

I have read that hemp wicks burn hotter. Also, hemp wicks help the

soy candle to burn longer.

I'm new to candlemaking and I just don't want to start buying htps,

cds, and lxs, then find hemp wicks work better and have all these other

wicks wasting away not being used because the hemp wick works

better.

Has anyone used hemp wicks and your feedback of their quality vs.

other wicks, please?

Lynn

I have used hemp wicks and I didn't feel they were as good as the other ones out there. Just my opinion though.

You don't have to really buy too many types of wicks to get started. Many companies will give you wicks for free to try out. You just have to call them and ask for them.

I wanted to try the hemp wicks until I found out they are very, very limited in their size availability. IMO it would be harder to fine tune your burn with such a small selection.

You can easily buy/sell wick samplers in the classifieds section, they don't have to sit around gathering dust. :smiley2:

Several months ago I ordered a whole bunch of sample wicks from Peak. (HTP, C's, Z's, etc) I still have a lot of them left but find that as I get more into candle making, I'm pulling out the box quite often looking for the right wick to test with. Having all these different types on hand has given me the opportunity to learn their individual properties so I'm glad I ordered them.

Actually hemp are a great burning wick...they are rigid and perform good in straight soy wax without smoking. I used them for several years and only stopped because I got sick and tired of the huge mushrooms, like zinc. Any rigid cored wick will mushroom and these are no exception!! There selection also is very limited and they are a cooler burning wick, not hotter!! :cool2: