Temperature Issues

What is the best way to keep your wax up to temperature when transferring from Presto Pot to your smaller pour pot for scenting?  It seems like no matter what I do, the thermometer reads 165 or lower once I've measured it into my pour pot, and I think I'm having fragrance issues because I'm adding to the wax at that temperature.  How is it possible for my wax to lose 20 degrees of temperature going from one vessel to another?  I've even tried leaving my pour pot on a heat plate to keep it hot but no matter what I do that wax just doesn't stay up to temperature. 😫

I am assuming this question is for when we work with small amount of wax.  It is going to be hard to control the temperature of pouring pot with small amount of wax.  Try to add FOs in the Presto Pot.  That would be one of the best way to control temperature to add FOs.

On 4/19/2021 at 5:13 PM, BusyBee said:

I am assuming this question is for when we work with small amount of wax.  It is going to be hard to control the temperature of pouring pot with small amount of wax.  Try to add FOs in the Presto Pot.  That would be one of the best way to control temperature to add FOs.

The issue I'm running into is melting 6-10 candles worth of wax in the presto pot, and wanting a different scent for each candle.  I'm working my way through my initial testing stages to see what I like and what's not worth continuing to test.  So basically filling the presto pot, and then measuring out ~5.5 oz worth of wax into a pouring pot, adding fragrance, mixing, and pouring.  Unfortunately adding fragrance to the presto pot won't be an option until I'm actually making a whole batch of something.

29 minutes ago, anncal said:

The issue I'm running into is melting 6-10 candles worth of wax in the presto pot, and wanting a different scent for each candle.  I'm working my way through my initial testing stages to see what I like and what's not worth continuing to test.  So basically filling the presto pot, and then measuring out ~5.5 oz worth of wax into a pouring pot, adding fragrance, mixing, and pouring.  Unfortunately adding fragrance to the presto pot won't be an option until I'm actually making a whole batch of something.

I use this type of electric pancake griddle.  It will hold several pouring pots at temp easily. 
https://www.target.com/p/black-decker-family-sized-electric-griddle-black-gd2011b/-/A-14504220?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&DFA=71700000012806756&CPNG=PLA_Appliances%2BShopping_Local|Appliances_Ecomm_Home&adgroup=SC_Appliances&LID=700000001170770pgs&LNM=PRODUCT_GROUP&network=g&device=c&location=9021490&targetid=pla-778323955836&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1248099&ds_rl=1247068&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvYSEBhDjARIsAJMn0lgS9Jx0s6cLU7EtMNLNEn948L87AGIA8z-UNC9WYo0iMJHB-Drc9UwaAn0fEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

76D731C0-527B-4789-BA5D-F3B5FE3561F6.jpeg

it is a multitasker, also used to level pillar candles and can warm jars prior to filling. Can also help warm jars to empty. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, anncal said:

I use big wax melting tank for production, and I use presto pot to make few testers.  I just measure out one or two candle wax into the presto pot and work, and it save me time and money since you don't have to buy any other equipment.  I do have electric meat grill that I can heat the pouring pot, but this works a lot easier.