Apricot, wax or oil?

8 hours ago, TallTayl said:

@BusyBee I love ceda cerica for many reasons.  Have you ever dug up a CAS for it?

Sorry TallTayl!  I only have made several candles using Ceda Serica, and I did not like it as much as Coconut 83 or 464.  I wasn't getting strong enough HT compared to Coconut 83 or 464.  So, I haven't looked into CAS # or other things on that wax.

• 11 months later...
On 3/28/2021 at 9:07 PM, TallTayl said:

The only thing I ever found about apricot has been hydrogenated apricot kernels oil. 

You can find apricot kernel wax in Europe, but it is obscenely expensive. NATUROCHIM is a manufacturer of apricot wax, and it appears there may be a second whose name is escaping me at the moment. LiveMoor is a UK supplier of a cosmetic grade apricot wax, but I haven't confirmed manufacturer.

https://www.livemoor.co.uk/products/apricot-wax-cosmetic-grade-wax-various-sizes?variant=33203463061592

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KrisS said:

You can find apricot kernel wax in Europe, but it is obscenely expensive. NATUROCHIM is a manufacturer of apricot wax, and it appears there may be a second whose name is escaping me at the moment. LiveMoor is a UK supplier of a cosmetic grade apricot wax, but I haven't confirmed manufacturer.

https://www.livemoor.co.uk/products/apricot-wax-cosmetic-grade-wax-various-sizes?variant=33203463061592

That seems like the same hydrogenated apricot oil I’ve found at US ingredient and chemical dealers.  https://www.naturochim.com/en/our-product/nat-organic-apricot-wax/

92ACB438-8506-4975-A27C-24F3E984CC9C.png

while reading candlewic’s site a while back, an entry in the Reviews indicates their ceda cerica is made from liquid oils, possibly later hydrogenated and blended with stabilizers, etc. or it is a wax product that is kept warmed to a liquid state until they dispense into their molds for sale. 

7D4C9304-73F2-434E-B2EF-B27A25E0FA44.png

• Like 1

Jayzus... Y'all having to resort to FRUIT to get predictable candles... I jist... CAIN'T even! 
:biggrin:
Sponiebr, 
THE (Yup, STILL) Executor of BAD (horrible, you can't EVEN IMAGINE) Ideas and Sundry Services 

Edited by Sponiebr
  • Haha 1

On 3/24/2022 at 11:54 AM, TallTayl said:

That seems like the same hydrogenated apricot oil I’ve found at US ingredient and chemical dealers.  https://www.naturochim.com/en/our-product/nat-organic-apricot-wax/

92ACB438-8506-4975-A27C-24F3E984CC9C.png

while reading candlewic’s site a while back, an entry in the Reviews indicates their ceda cerica is made from liquid oils, possibly later hydrogenated and blended with stabilizers, etc. or it is a wax product that is kept warmed to a liquid state until they dispense into their molds for sale. 

7D4C9304-73F2-434E-B2EF-B27A25E0FA44.png

One in the same. I have a quote on 25kg of it somewhere. Needless to say, it was cost prohibitive. I've spoken with a couple of manufacturers in the US, and there isn't enough demand for it as a solid for them to consider importing and rebranding it or making their own version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sponiebr said:

Jayzus... Y'all having to resort to FRUIT to get predictable candles... I jist... CAIN'T even! 
:biggrin:
Sponiebr, 
THE (Yup, STILL) Executor of BAD (horrible, you can't EVEN IMAGINE) Ideas and Sundry Services 

Not only fruits, fruit guts and future fruit babies. Gotta destroy and rebuild.

• Haha 1