Voluspa

TallTayl

I kept hearing about how amazing voluspa candles are, and felt like burning someone else’s candles, so on to their site I went. 

website presentation and navigation 10/10. 
they have loads of scents and container combinations, but it does not feel overwelming, 

I bought a small glass jar, a small double wick tin and a medium double wick tin.

It arrived  in a reasonable amount of time. Ups. Plain brown box. 

initial presentation upon opening the box. 
4CF6FD80-66FC-4831-A1E7-C05FF3228D03.jpeg

peeled back the tissue.

C3B9C510-F598-411F-8A5A-3468275A224C.jpeg

beneath the bubble. Lots of dunnage to protect the contents.

537C30EF-5C0B-48CA-9103-7A25937CB77B.jpeg

super amount of space around the well bundled contents. 

933742CA-6BDE-44A8-A6A7-683284DB7091.jpeg

all in excellent shape,

3DF2DCAE-D73E-485A-822A-A8594DDB37A4.jpeg

tops of tin candles. The wax is easy to push around.  CT on rose blend was average 7/10. Verlaine blend 10/10

17CD6DD6-E48A-4374-926F-631F4C01B261.jpeg
63DC12A1-2B2D-41AB-9E87-E8679D33C517.jpeg

top of glass was a bit dewy. Ct 6.5/10.  Smells a lot like the rose blend.

A8DDC2EA-CC37-4048-BA2E-E7AF857EAAA5.jpeg

Lit the Vervaine a few minutes ago. 
B55D59EF-D9BE-45EE-AB65-8E775B808B4A.jpeg

wicks were all trimmed to about 1/4” and ready to light without any fuss. I think I am smelling wafts but it is hard to tell with the ceiling fan on.flames are steady and bright, well in proportion to the size of the candle. 

editing to add, yes I definitely smell it 10-15 minutes in. 

• Like 4

I've tried a Voluspa candle before, it burned like pretty much every other store candle I've bought, except it actually had a hot throw.

I like the glass containers they use with the patterns, I've only seen them for sale on Amazon, not my usual places.

The vervaine is burning very well.  So refreshing to have a candle that is not overwicked! This is the end of the first burn. The second burn is similar, just slightly wider pool. The wicks were trimmed very short by the maker. I hav not trimmed at all.

Ht is quick and powerful.  This vervaine olive is a bit soapy, but clean smelling. 

09530738-682D-4123-97EC-10BB7284630D.jpeg

the wicks point in opposite directions on this one which spreads the heat around.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My mom received a set of three mini Voluspa tins for Christmas but she’s even more sensitive to scents than I am and so she gave them to me. OMG they’re so cute but I’m also a sucker for good design and pretty things. I should preface this with I have not burned them yet, and I’m really only keep one because two of the scents (French Cade Lavender and Nissho Soleil) just don’t do it for me but one of my friends loves FCL so I can give it her. It’s a win win. 

On to my question... I noticed there are little droplets on top of the wax, is that normal? What would cause that?

Even though the scents aren’t my favorite I do love how strong the cold throw is. I’m looking forward to start burning it just to observe and continue learning.

A213FD68-4B3D-4043-BC92-0840F2964C09.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Kris10Tackles said:

My mom received a set of three mini Voluspa tins for Christmas but she’s even more sensitive to scents than I am and so she gave them to me. OMG they’re so cute but I’m also a sucker for good design and pretty things. I should preface this with I have not burned them yet, and I’m really only keep one because two of the scents (French Cade Lavender and Nissho Soleil) just don’t do it for me but one of my friends loves FCL so I can give it her. It’s a win win. 

On to my question... I noticed there are little droplets on top of the wax, is that normal? What would cause that?

Even though the scents aren’t my favorite I do love how strong the cold throw is. I’m looking forward to start burning it just to observe and continue learning.

A213FD68-4B3D-4043-BC92-0840F2964C09.jpeg

Their wax blend has a pretty low melting point. One of mine had dew on it when it arrived late fall.

I hope it burns well for you!

• Thumbs Up 1

She’s been burning for about 2 hours and has good HT. Note to self don’t beat myself up when things aren’t perfect. It’s okay and not the end of the world because even very successful companies have items that aren’t complete perfection. 

16AA03F8-F292-47F6-993E-602F37095C65.jpeg

I actually like that their wicks are so conservative. They’re cut really short, but still have a slight curl which is the off center melt pool.  If only more “experts” would make candles like voluspa I would not cringe at blackened and shattered jars on FB. 

1 hour ago, Kris10Tackles said:

Is that why the melt pool appears off centered? Constantly learning. 

Yup. Self trimming wicks often curl hard to one side. If you are worried, you can gently nudge it over so it is leaning the other way.  It will help center the melt pool at the top, but will find its own center by the bottom. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

I met the kryptonite to the previously perfect tin… summer room temp. 😢

Yes, this melt pool is a full inch deep on the third burn.  Was lit for about 40 minutes. Wicks were self-trimmed level with the wax from the prior burn. The tin was about half full when lit. 

the room temp was only a couple degrees higher than winter temp. 72 versus 70. 

745080D5-B787-460C-BF85-7301262351D3.jpeg

• Like 1