Burnt Sugar from The Candle Loft

Dreamer

A while back I was looking for a Burnt Sugar fragrance oil & thought I'd update ya'll. I bought a 2oz bottle from The Candle Loft this week, it arrived today.

While it smells great, it is, unfortunately, not what I'm searching for. I think I was hoping for a smoky sweet straight sugar scent, Burnt Sugar from The Candle Loft has a sweet citrusy top note. Sadly, I will be including this oil in my destash.

Sooo, my search for a Burnt Sugar oil is still on. I feel like it's a "unicorn" scent at this point. 🦄😐

Does anyone know if Brambleberry's discontinued Burnt Sugar was an in-house blend or purchased through a vendor?

1 hour ago, sarahmarah said:

I have also been on the search for this.

I’ve tried blending with no real success. Usually caramel and light smoke notes.

I, too, have tried blending my own without success. 🙁

23 hours ago, Dreamer said:

A while back I was looking for a Burnt Sugar fragrance oil & thought I'd update ya'll. I bought a 2oz bottle from The Candle Loft this week, it arrived today.

While it smells great, it is, unfortunately, not what I'm searching for. I think I was hoping for a smoky sweet straight sugar scent, Burnt Sugar from The Candle Loft has a sweet citrusy top note. Sadly, I will be including this oil in my destash.

Sooo, my search for a Burnt Sugar oil is still on. I feel like it's a "unicorn" scent at this point. 🦄😐

Does anyone know if Brambleberry's discontinued Burnt Sugar was an in-house blend or purchased through a vendor?

That’s a really good question about Bramble Berry. I have a sample of that and I love it to make my own Brulé’s without the buttery smell most have. I’m not sure who their lab is but I’m sure if you have a sample you can have it duplicated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

That’s a really good question about Bramble Berry. I have a sample of that and I love it to make my own Brulé’s without the buttery smell most have. I’m not sure who their lab is but I’m sure if you have a sample you can have it duplicated.

I've never sampled Brambleberry's Burnt Sugar, but I did hear good things about it and that's why I was wondering if it was exclusive to their brand. Unfortunately, the scent was already discontinued shortly before my hunt began.

I'll search for a Burnt Sugar oil for while, have no luck & then let it go. Search again, no luck, & then let it go. Ditto, etc lol.😛

I'm gonna email Brambleberry and ask them.

I can tell you that duping Brambleberry FO is not going to be easy.. I have a love/hate relationship with them but their FOs that are good, are really good.

I have tried majority of BB FO dupes out there, nothing compares... I make bath and body products so not very sure about Candles. Even in melts, you can tell a difference with the dupes.

You can buy 38lbs and they will bring it in for you. Let me know if you ever want to coop this Fragrance from BB directly, I will take a few bottles.

36 minutes ago, Saponificarian said:

I can tell you that duping Brambleberry FO is not going to be easy.. I have a love/hate relationship with them but their FOs that are good, are really good.

I have tried majority of BB FO dupes out there, nothing compares... I make bath and body products so not very sure about Candles. Even in melts, you can tell a difference with the dupes.

You can buy 38lbs and they will bring it in for you. Let me know if you ever want to coop this Fragrance from BB directly, I will take a few bottles.

I asked them to sell a keg of summer fling to me and they flat out refused.  I had it duped at a Chicago area lab and it is perfection, and much less per lb ❤️ I only have a tiny vial of burnt sugar, probably not enough to dupe.

49 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

I asked them to sell a keg of summer fling to me and they flat out refused.  I had it duped at a Chicago area lab and it is perfection, and much less per lb ❤️ I only have a tiny vial of burnt sugar, probably not enough to dupe.

Really? I loved their Lavender and Herbs. They discontinued and would only sell 38lbs at around $16 per pound. I was able to score 5lbs on Facebook so happy me. 

I could pm your their bulk buy's person email if you want? 

12 minutes ago, Saponificarian said:

Really? I loved their Lavender and Herbs. They discontinued and would only sell 38lbs at around $16 per pound. I was able to score 5lbs on Facebook so happy me. 

I could pm your their bulk buy's person email if you want? 

Sounds good Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2020 at 1:55 PM, TallTayl said:

How did you find a lab in Chicago to dupe for you?  I live in the Dallas area and would be willing to spend some time and $$ trying to find someone local to dupe for me. (CS cran marm)

14 minutes ago, The Candle Nook said:

How did you find a lab in Chicago to dupe for you?  I live in the Dallas area and would be willing to spend some time and $$ trying to find someone local to dupe for me. (CS cran marm)

I met quite a few at society for cosmetic chemist events. 

otherwise, a good number are google-able.  New ones pop up periodically to fill voids let by bigger labs that don’t want to deal with smaller indies. That is where I started, then narrowed them down as I met and spoke with them.  In my area (Chicago) I can throw a stick in most directions and hit a fragrance lab. 🤣 

pure fragrance oils.com has a duplication  service that is pretty easy. Last discussion I had with the, $50 up front will get a few dupes made. The $50 was applied to your first purchase of a duplicated keg.  I think they are on the West coast. Super friendly if you want to call them for current info. When I spoke with their rep  they had multiple perfumers that could “compete” on a single fragrance to get the best duplication for my needs. 

• Thumbs Up 1