Fillmore Christmas Tree

sarahmarah

Has anyone gotten a fuel smell from it?

I’m hoping it’s just my nose today 🤞

Its so gorgeous OOB.

I poured at 6% using C3 in my 22 oz 3.75 Libby Cylinder. It’s cured and I’m double wicking with  Premier745. Some fragrances are too hot toward the last 1/3 of the candle with those but others are not depending the fragrance. 735s are all slightly under wicked. Maybe I need 740s? Aztec sells those but they claim that they for paraffin which seems weird...

Has anyone had this happen?😬

I love smelling it but I did not get the hot throw I expected out of it, so now making own tree scent. So many are disappointing. The price on this is very expensive. I have tried so many tree scents most are fails, except Blue Spruce from CS which is not my favorite but its strong. I would use the Fillmore for room sprays and other fragrance products though, but still hard to deal with price plus shipping and now that its impossible to get jars and tops from Fillmore less than likely to shop there. They wont give any updates on jars and tops.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

Is this a new bottle of Christmas Tree?  I hope Filmore hasn't changed its oils.

GoldieMN

I just got the bottle 2ish weeks ago. I think I might have a sinus thing going on. I’ll test it again in a few days to make sure I’m getting a clear profile.

I think with some waxes, pine type scents can end up smelling that way.  I thought I had a real nice blend last year with a combination of various pines, plus some pine needle essential oil, but in a soy candle, it went to the fuel smell thing.  I'm thinking of trying it out in paraffin to see how it does.  I'm not sure what you may be able to do to create a top note to it that will cover it up, but there probably is a remedy. 

I wonder if the little bit of vanilla trick with citrus would work on pine...I’m not too keen to try it tbh. 
I’ve never made wax melts but do the same rules apply for melts as far as fuel coming through?  I was wondering if it might be the wicks. 🤔