Crimson Candle Supply

awnl

On 10/12/2020 at 2:00 PM, awnl said:

Has anyone ever use the fragrances for Crimson Candle Supply? If what would you suggest?

I haven't. Charlie has mentioned before that they are just like Maple Street. I saw where he said they use the same suppliers so I do not want to try it. I do not like Maple Street , studio fragrance or flaming candle and they  use the same supplier as well.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Crimson Candle Supply does not use the same fragrance as Maple Street.  Their fragrances aren't even close to the same.  Crimson blends about 30% of their own fragrances and the other 70% they have specially blended for them only.  When a perfumer does a special blend it cannot be sold to any other supplier.  If you call and talk to them the owners are very knowledgeable about their blends and are super nice people. I spent some time on the phone with one of them asking a lot of questions.  Charlie from Maple Street cannot possibly even know where another supplier buys their fragrances from he can only speak for himself.  Even if it did come from the same mfg, that particular mfg has 100 variants of the same exact fragrances in different price ranges so what are the chances they would even be the same.  And he is mostly full of hot air.  I personally know for a fact that their fragrances aren't even close to the same.  I've tried both.

On 8/7/2021 at 5:36 PM, SNorthman said:

Crimson Candle Supply does not use the same fragrance as Maple Street.  Their fragrances aren't even close to the same.  Crimson blends about 30% of their own fragrances and the other 70% they have specially blended for them only.  When a perfumer does a special blend it cannot be sold to any other supplier.  If you call and talk to them the owners are very knowledgeable about their blends and are super nice people. I spent some time on the phone with one of them asking a lot of questions.  Charlie from Maple Street cannot possibly even know where another supplier buys their fragrances from he can only speak for himself.  Even if it did come from the same mfg, that particular mfg has 100 variants of the same exact fragrances in different price ranges so what are the chances they would even be the same.  And he is mostly full of hot air.  I personally know for a fact that their fragrances aren't even close to the same.  I've tried both.

Ok, I want to know how in the heck I’ve never heard of Crimson Candle supply WHEN THEY ARE LITERALLY IN MY TOWN!!! LOL! which fragrances did you like from there? I’m excited to do a pick up order now haha! 

17 hours ago, awnl said:

@VELMA21 I haven't ordered from them yet , let me know what your think of the scents 

Ok, I just made a $215 order LOL! I’m actually going to try out one of their waxes that I can supposedly make tarts and container candles out of. It’s a 70 paraffin 30 soy blend. Has a 15% fragrance load, not that I would ever really use that much. I’m really excited about that wax, and I hope it’s comparable or better than pillar of bliss and joy wax that I normally use. Being able to pickup is going to save me so much freaking money on shipping. I can lower my prices and become ultra competitive if the wax performs the way I want it to. Fingers crossed! 

14 hours ago, VELMA21 said:

Ok, I just made a $215 order LOL! I’m actually going to try out one of their waxes that I can supposedly make tarts and container candles out of. It’s a 70 paraffin 30 soy blend. Has a 15% fragrance load, not that I would ever really use that much. I’m really excited about that wax, and I hope it’s comparable or better than pillar of bliss and joy wax that I normally use. Being able to pickup is going to save me so much freaking money on shipping. I can lower my prices and become ultra competitive if the wax performs the way I want it to. Fingers crossed! 

Let me know how you like their wax. I've ordered a few bottles of Fo from them and from what I can remember I liked them ok. I've just not ordered enough to have used much. I was more after leather that soaked up in aroma beads well but I'm sick of making those things. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 2:00 PM, Belinda said:

Let me know how you like their wax. I've ordered a few bottles of Fo from them and from what I can remember I liked them ok. I've just not ordered enough to have used much. I was more after leather that soaked up in aroma beads well but I'm sick of making those things. 

Lol! I actually just started making aroma beads. For what seems like a simple process, these things are pretty tedious! The wax I got is great! Absolutely amazing one pour in my wood wick candles, and excellent in clamshells as well. I’m so glad to have 1 wax that can cover both, instead of 2 completely different waxes. Testing of both melts and candles have been perfect! The wax can also hold 15% FO, but I still only use 10%. I feel like anything over that is overkill, really. The wax I got is the CW5170S I think 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VELMA21 said:

Lol! I actually just started making aroma beads. For what seems like a simple process, these things are pretty tedious! The wax I got is great! Absolutely amazing one pour in my wood wick candles, and excellent in clamshells as well. I’m so glad to have 1 wax that can cover both, instead of 2 completely different waxes. Testing of both melts and candles have been perfect! The wax can also hold 15% FO, but I still only use 10%. I feel like anything over that is overkill, really. The wax I got is the CW5170S I think 

Welcome to the freshie side of this addiction! I am so sick of making them and yet I keep buying new molds. I had four drawers FULL of cookie cutters and gave a ton of those away to a young girl that just started because I never used them. I still have two drawers full and now a drawer full of silicone molds. It just makes such a huge mess in my kitchen and I am not a tidy crafter at all! I'm really bad about leaving everything out thinking I'm going to get in there and make stuff so why put it all up and then it sits for days LOL! My wax room is overflowing with wax molds, wax, oils and freshener supplies. I'm slowly going through and throwing stuff away or giving it away  that I haven't used or don't think I ever will use.

Not sure what you're soaking your beads in but I use those plastic jugs from Dollar tree. They're great! I hated the glass mason jars and for years had soaked my beads in polypro bags but got tired of those. These jugs have an indention on the sides and make it easy to grasp them and shake. Also, where are you getting your beads? Places that have good beads are Crimson, Plastic Pellets 4 Fun, Buy It Ship It, Stay Fresh With Peanut, Lone Star and Nature's Gardens all have the small beads.   . Aztec beads and Cajun and AAA are a bigger bead and take longer to soak but they do work ok. I just prefer the smaller beads. Just wanted to throw that out there for you since you just started.

On 8/22/2021 at 8:51 AM, Belinda said:

Welcome to the freshie side of this addiction! I am so sick of making them and yet I keep buying new molds. I had four drawers FULL of cookie cutters and gave a ton of those away to a young girl that just started because I never used them. I still have two drawers full and now a drawer full of silicone molds. It just makes such a huge mess in my kitchen and I am not a tidy crafter at all! I'm really bad about leaving everything out thinking I'm going to get in there and make stuff so why put it all up and then it sits for days LOL! My wax room is overflowing with wax molds, wax, oils and freshener supplies. I'm slowly going through and throwing stuff away or giving it away  that I haven't used or don't think I ever will use.

Not sure what you're soaking your beads in but I use those plastic jugs from Dollar tree. They're great! I hated the glass mason jars and for years had soaked my beads in polypro bags but got tired of those. These jugs have an indention on the sides and make it easy to grasp them and shake. Also, where are you getting your beads? Places that have good beads are Crimson, Plastic Pellets 4 Fun, Buy It Ship It, Stay Fresh With Peanut, Lone Star and Nature's Gardens all have the small beads.   . Aztec beads and Cajun and AAA are a bigger bead and take longer to soak but they do work ok. I just prefer the smaller beads. Just wanted to throw that out there for you since you just started.

It’s actually funny, I never really gave them much thought but my friend asked me if I could make some as door prizes for a benefit she’s doing. I thought, sure! Simple enough right? LOL! I bought the beads from crimson, and I think they are pretty good. My friend wanted highland cows, so I grabbed their mold too. That this is a downright B to use for your first ever freshie experience haha!!! 

13 hours ago, VELMA21 said:

It’s actually funny, I never really gave them much thought but my friend asked me if I could make some as door prizes for a benefit she’s doing. I thought, sure! Simple enough right? LOL! I bought the beads from crimson, and I think they are pretty good. My friend wanted highland cows, so I grabbed their mold too. That this is a downright B to use for your first ever freshie experience haha!!! 

This happens EVERY time! The seemingly  simplest things are the biggest pains. Often, these types of products bring the least overall profit also, so a double whammy 😂

On 8/25/2021 at 7:44 AM, TallTayl said:

This happens EVERY time! The seemingly  simplest things are the biggest pains. Often, these types of products bring the least overall profit also, so a double whammy 😂

Yeah, I’m pretty much over the whole aroma beads thing. I highly doubt it’s something I would continue to do. I do have some beads I need to sell now lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VELMA21 said:

Yeah, I’m pretty much over the whole aroma beads thing. I highly doubt it’s something I would continue to do. I do have some beads I need to sell now lol 

I feel for you. I have a storage room filled with “great ideas” that didn’t quite pan out as hoped. 🤪🤷🏻‍♀️

the beads were helpful to send fragrance samples to people. I still have a bit left, but prefer salt or vermiculite when I can find it. I’ve been actively trying to eliminate plastic use in my shop and love biodegradable alternatives.

I bet in a sachet they would be nice. Or in a glass Christmas ornament. How fun to shake and watch the little beads roll around! 

One air freshener I remember fondly was a pretty paper envelope, maybe 6”x10”. It was sold at a fall apple orchard store, and held a lovely scented product. Turns out it was just fragrance captured in vermiculite. It was enough to push me into a scented product quest.  Since then, aroma beads came onto the market, and corn cob litter. All do the same thing and do it well in their own ways. 

21 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I feel for you. I have a storage room filled with “great ideas” that didn’t quite pan out as hoped. 🤪🤷🏻‍♀️

the beads were helpful to send fragrance samples to people. I still have a bit left, but prefer salt or vermiculite when I can find it. I’ve been actively trying to eliminate plastic use in my shop and love biodegradable alternatives.

I bet in a sachet they would be nice. Or in a glass Christmas ornament. How fun to shake and watch the little beads roll around! 

One air freshener I remember fondly was a pretty paper envelope, maybe 6”x10”. It was sold at a fall apple orchard store, and held a lovely scented product. Turns out it was just fragrance captured in vermiculite. It was enough to push me into a scented product quest.  Since then, aroma beads came onto the market, and corn cob litter. All do the same thing and do it well in their own ways. 

I was thinking of doing to corn cob litter. Maybe. I need to calm down on all my projects lol

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2021 at 3:57 PM, VELMA21 said:

I completely understand! After spending hundreds of dollars on aroma bead stuff I am almost done with it too. When I first started there were no groups on Facebook so it was just something you had to figure out the best way. Cookie cutters were pretty much all that were used and they were quick and easy. Then people started decorating them with flowers, feathers and stuff like that and getting really creative with them. I joined a lot of groups and started expanding also, making them all different ways. Now the big thing is silicone molds and although they are very cute made that way they are SUCH a pain and take up SO much more time to make! It also makes a HUGE mess and being a messy crafter anyway it's even worse. Sadly this is what people around here want more than candles or melts. I don't get it myself. I guess I'll stick with them till after Christmas and then I may just sell all my stuff and not mess with them. They're so time consuming now.