Wax melts sticking to silicone molds!

Allyparker92

ahhhh so frustrating. So I'm using soy wax C3. Pouring at about 130-160 Fahrenheit and leaving for 24 hours...yet when I take them out there are chunks stuck to the mould and crumbling. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Heard other people have used c3 with no problem 

With C3 (and every other soy I have ever used) that is likely an indication it was poured too hot and cooled too slowly. Soy wax forms large grains under those conditions. Large grains = crumbly texture with potential to seep fragrance more easily with temperature fluctuations.

also, make sure you stir very thoroughly as it cools in the pouring pot to distribute all of the wax additives thoroughly. This also helps develop smaller grains, which will be much sturdier in the finished product. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/13/2020 at 7:22 AM, Allyparker92 said:

ahhhh so frustrating. So I'm using soy wax C3. Pouring at about 130-160 Fahrenheit and leaving for 24 hours...yet when I take them out there are chunks stuck to the mould and crumbling. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Heard other people have used c3 with no problem 

Ahh, I am having the same problem with my box of c3 and silicone molds. Did you happen to find a solution? I’ve tried what feels like everything 🤯 appreciate any advice!

Not knowing what kind of mold. C3 is a container wax. It’s supposed to have good adhesion. So think for a second what your problem is to troubleshoot? Are you using a container wax for a stand alone candle or tart? Is that the best wax for those types of things? Now you can change your wax and or add additives to firm up c3 so it releases from molds.

• Like 1