Do wicks come from the same supplier?

I know that wooden wicks come from the same supplier, but what about CD wicks? Or ECO or HTP, etc?

Just wondering if purchasing CD wicks from different suppliers will be a problem (eg - if a CD8 at CS is a different wick than CD8 at Flaming Candles). Thanks!

Short answer, possibly. 

longer answer, Check out candlewic.com to see various  ways wicks can be ordered from tabs to wax treatments. Their custom wick builder is typical of how wicks can be ordered by resellers and you& me. several places tab wicks just like that such as precision wicking, Atkins and Pearce, etc. 

I can order cd, htp, etc from any and the basic braid product may start out the same but vary in treatments during tabbing. The only way to know if the difference will perform differently in your candle is to test it. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, candleshiba said:

I know that wooden wicks come from the same supplier, but what about CD wicks? Or ECO or HTP, etc?

Just wondering if purchasing CD wicks from different suppliers will be a problem (eg - if a CD8 at CS is a different wick than CD8 at Flaming Candles). Thanks!

I learned that CD wicks from Bitter Creek and Candle Wic are not the same. I'm only buying wicks from BC after one order to CW. I'm able to use the CW Wicks AFTER testing, so there's no waste. I don't like testing as much as some people do, so I'm sticking to one company for wicks.

49 minutes ago, candleshiba said:

@Soy-N-Suds Fascinating. I wonder where BC gets their wick? But I'm not following what you're saying. If you knew that CW wicks aren't the same as BC, and you're only ordering from BC, why would you continue using CW?

I order some of my fragrances from CW, so when I was sending an order in for oils I ordered 2 sizes of CD wicks I was low on thinking they would be the same. When I got them, they weren't the same but I tested them with new fragrance oils so I could use them. I ordered 1,000 of each size so they'll last a long time since I only tested 3 scents for each of the two sizes. The scents I had tested with BC Wicks I'm not interchanging with wicks from other places now.  

Wax melts don't matter, but for the sake of testing I stick with the same company for an Oil I make candles with too. 

1 hour ago, Forrest said:

I think all my wicks are manufactured by Lucifer in Hades; they’re just distributed by different companies.

Hope you got free shipping! Hades is in a pretty remote zone. 

• Haha 6