Soy Candle Question

Can I make soy candles in their jars without pouring the wax in? aka put the dry wax in the jar, put the jars in a pot of water to melt? I like making multiple colors and scents at a time, but the candles are not settling right. Lots of air bubbles at the bottom, frosting, and glass pull away. Any tips on the best soy wax for this or tricks to get them to settle right?

13 minutes ago, Vic said:

Can I make soy candles in their jars without pouring the wax in? aka put the dry wax in the jar, put the jars in a pot of water to melt? I like making multiple colors and scents at a time, but the candles are not settling right. Lots of air bubbles at the bottom, frosting, and glass pull away. Any tips on the best soy wax for this or tricks to get them to settle right?

Hi..i only use soy..the best method for me is ..to heat wax to 185 , that's when i  put in the fragrance oil, ( i don't color  much but i think you add dye before the fo) I also heat my jars first in the oven on warm..so then stir, fo for 2 min bring temp down to 135 140 and I pour the wax down the wick ( i use a funnel pitcher) then i made felt koozies wrap around jars then i put a box over them..Lol seems like a lot and in the beginning it was but now just about all my jars have perfect glass adhesion,  hardly any frosting  and the  tops are smooth and creamy looking.. hope this helps you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vic said:

What is everyone's ideal process? What temperatures, soy wax, timing, FO's, and coloring have you found works best?

The specifics vary by wax, but universally a small presto pot melts whatever amount of wax you need in moments. Keep a couple of small pour pots handy and you can make one or many scents in no time.

one example of my soy tin operation, using a blend with c1 as the base:

heat to 185

pour / measure wax into pour pot

add scent/color

stir over/in front of a fan until wax begins to cloud.

.  Depending on the fan and size of pour pot that can take from 2 to 15 minutes.  
Pour into tins when cloudy to prevent cavities and minimize heat gunning to perfect tops.

for glass jars, pour while 150 or so, and expect to have to poke holes and fill voids. 

• Thanks 1