Candle Making in india

Hi guys,

i'm new to candle making, but that seems not to be problem as here in india, we do not get waxes which are pre-blended for candle making. so all we get here is fully refined paraffin wax, semi refined paraffin wax, steric etc. 

also vybar is also not available in india. can any body help me in making ca custom blend and in what ratio, 

i tried a few blends but glass adhesion is the biggest challenge the can pops out of the glass jar, i used 10% steric and 90 % paraffin. please suggest how to increase glass adhesion

regards

ankur chopra

So TallTayl now after hearing that there arent many waxes or additives available in India, do you think maybe those Aldi candles are Paraffin and Soy with no additives? It did say soy blend on your candle label. Maybe those candles have been sitting in a warehouse curing for a year which accounts for the strong throw you had.

Edited by CaptnKush

23 minutes ago, CaptnKush said:

So TallTayl now after hearing that there arent many waxes or additives available in India, do you think maybe those Aldi candles are Paraffin and Soy with no additives? It did say soy blend on your candle label. Maybe those candles have been sitting in a warehouse curing for a year which accounts for the strong throw you had.

It was a Huntington Home candle from what I recall. Wrote about it in this thread. 

the fragrance has more to do with the candle, IMO.  The less FO you can use the nicer the candle.  Too much and the candle waxes become too unstable. 

• 3 weeks later...

As we are not sure of your waxes, you may have to experiment a bit. Here’s what you can try. 75 percent paraffin whatever is easier for you to get, then add 25 per cent coconut oil. This should help with adhesion and burn. As you have hot weather you will have to see how this blend holds up. You could also do paraffin in a solid color container and worry less about adhesion, just go for a proper burn and scent throw.